Country
    India

Help with my Arowana

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

My arowana has started behaving strange for the last couple of weeks. He doesn't swim & sits at the bottom of the tank.

Initially there were a few white spots on his head & dorsal part of the body but i treated him with Tetra's 'contraick concentrate' and the spots dissappeared in 2/3 days. But since then he seems to have lost appetite & energy to swim. Whenever he swims its with the tail down. To get ride of any internal parasites, I treated him with Nifurpirinol but to no avail. I have raised the water temperature to 30 deg cel from 26 deg cel.

Please help.
    Last edited by benny; 26th Jul 2006 at 14:14.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Arowana are usually quite hardy fishes. But they are known to go for extended spells of listlessness and loss of appetite.

From what you've described, it seems like your arowana has not recovered fully. Have you tried tempting it with it's favorite food or some live feeds? Dennerle's Vitamaxx and S7 is known to improve appetite. Perhaps you can give that a try.

Also, have you visited www.arofanatics.com? They have a dedicated arowana section and plenty of experienced hobbyists that may be able to share their experience.

Cheers,
    Last edited by michael lai; 26th Jul 2006 at 20:32.
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    India
    thanks benny for your reply.
    yes, i have tried luring my arowana with its favorite food which happens to be azoo's 9 in 1 arowana sticks but he just doesnt seem to be hungry. also i have tried tetra's arowana sticks. as of now i have started chloromycetin treatment with feeding live guppies. actually i am a bit sceptical about live food so want to switch back to tetra sticks as early as possible. just keeping my fingers crossed........and also thanks for the arowana dedicated site. will raise my query in there too.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiv
    Hi guys,

My arowana has started behaving strange for the last couple of weeks. He doesn't swim & sits at the bottom of the tank.

Initially there were a few white spots on his head & dorsal part of the body but i treated him with Tetra's 'contraick concentrate' and the spots dissappeared in 2/3 days. But since then he seems to have lost appetite & energy to swim. Whenever he swims its with the tail down. To get ride of any internal parasites, I treated him with Nifurpirinol but to no avail. I have raised the water temperature to 30 deg cel from 26 deg cel.

Please help.
    arowana should not be kept at temperture lower than 27c..

did you do water change before treating the fish?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Arowana's are primitive fishes with primitive organs including livers. Their body's may not process medication as efficiently as other fishes.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    India
    thanks Mizu & Vincent for your concern.
    i have indeed changed everytime i added medicines. now i am maintaining the temp at 30 deg cel.
    i am trying with the chloromycetin medicine cause it had worked well on my silver arowana. hope it works well on this jardini, too.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    Keep on medicating. I hope I can help.
    But this I can say. Be positive and don't give up with your pet. Being strong minded comes good decision and solution.