Singapore

Fish Room

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    A place to see fish and hang out:

Dear bros and sisters!

It had been a very very difficult task for us to get things right and to plan everything up to this point. We thank you all for the well wishes and support during this difficult time.

But we are glad to announce that "The Fish Room" will start business today!

We strive to live up to your expectations, but as we are also not into this line previously, we do hope to have your understanding and patience. Do give us feedback and a chance to constantly improve ourselves.

And lastly, do visit us tomorrow! We are located at 229, Upp Thomson Road. Buses that ply here are : SBS 132, 165, 166, 52, 410, 163, 162 as well as, TIBS 167, 980, 855. Operations will be from 5pm - 12mn during this period.

You can also check http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...el_site=101887 for our exact location.

Here's just a little preview on our "little room" -

Level 1

Level 2

Please remember to tell us your nick too!!!
    http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=247727

I'm not related to it at all
    Last edited by benny; 27th Jul 2006 at 15:11.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The set-ups don't look too well set up to me. They kind of look like normal big fish tanks that you'd see in your LFS. I would think that if they were to go through such a "very very difficult task" to bring this to the people, a little more effort put into actually building proper "scapes" would be more beneficial to them. I really wonder why do something, if you're not going to go all the way and do it right.
    Call me Brian.

P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    i don't want to sound rude but the fish in the tanks aren't exactly mind blowing, and i also agree with what brian said at least one of the tanks could have been a planted scape to give some variety, and smaller fish would be good.
    mick

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Probably that's why the shop named 'The Fish Room', suppose the owner have a special liking to fish like arowanas and...!
    i don't encounter much eatery where there's fishes to see and not one with a few tanks, and big like this shop. worth to drop by,
    The Happiest of people don't neccessary have the best of everything;
    they just make the most of everything that comes along their way

When will there be 25 letters in the alphabets?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Give them some time...perhaps they are looking for expertise to help them with planted tanks? It's not easy to set one up in time for the shop opening for sure.

Arofanatics held their 5th year anniversary there previously, under the last management. Quite a nice place, but not quite as accessible for some as there is no MRT and parking is challenging.

Cheers,
    Last edited by benny; 28th Jul 2006 at 01:39.
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    So, what is being served in that establishment?
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by BFG
    So, what is being served in that establishment?
    FISHES!!!
    "L" plate gardener

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    so what's the selling idea? food? fish-tanks? who are they appealing to?
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewtyr
    so what's the selling idea? food? fish-tanks? who are they appealing to?
    I suppose we can always pop by and have a look. I was invited to their opening, but was with mick in the UK instead. Missed it as a result.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Passed by the place yesterday... Apparently it is a cafe and bar... So food is the selling idea? With tanks as a side show I reckon...
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I didn't really mean that they should include a planted "scape", although it would have been a nice touch, but it would have been a nice touch if more thought was put into the set-ups. For example, the rock "scape" that they have going in the last pic could have been done a lot better. The rocks used are a little too small for the tank and don't really add anything to the overall look of the tank. The driftwood "scape" tank looks like random pieces of driftwoods were just thrown in with no thought put into their arrangement.
    Call me Brian.

P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Overstocked tanks, mismatched fish... hmm... I guess it's more a "fish" place than a planted scape place. Still... Not exactly amazing and not very impressive either... I feel the art student in my dying to critique...

Lobsterman Guest/Not Logged In
    Dear Friends,

Firstly, a big thanks for the threadstarter to "advertise" for us. Allow us some clarifications on some points brought up.

We mentioned that it was a difficult task getting this place up and running for business, we meant all the nitty-gritties involved for a bar/cafe. I supposed we might have overlooked our setups in the process. We are also keen in rectifying them thus the reason why I am in here.

We actually do have a 3ft X 3ft X 3ft planted tank on the first level, but it was not really visible in the photos. I cannot say that it is great or fantastic, but we sure hope it is acceptable.

As some of you had brought up, it was arowanas that brought the three together, but we are The Fish Room, we try not to ostracize any other kinds of aquatic hobbyists, nor should we do a haphazard kind of setup just for show. Do let us know on the mismatched fishes and overstocked fishes too. :smile:

We are always trying to improve and we thank you all for your constructive feedback.

Warmest regards,

Steven aka Lobsterman

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Steven,
    Welcome to Aquatic Quotient, from the looks of things, the place is all ready to go, great setup. Will definitely drop by to support a little.. I'm easy with food but will really appreciate a good cup of coffee. If you could, what's the best time to get parking?
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Quote Originally Posted by michael lai
    Hi Steven,
    Welcome to Aquatic Quotient, from the looks of things, the place is all ready to go, great setup. Will definitely drop by to support a little.. I'm easy with food but will really appreciate a good cup of coffee. If you could, what's the best time to get parking?
    Unfortunately the best time for parking, for the stretch right in front of our shop, is late into business, like maybe after 10.30 on weekdays. Nevertheless, there is ample HDB parking directly opposite our shop. Sincerely hope to see you and do look for me if possible.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey Steven!

Looks like I have to pay a visit to your place soon!! Maybe an AQ gathering there?

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by benny
    Hey Steven!

Looks like I have to pay a visit to your place soon!! Maybe an AQ gathering there?

Cheers,
    We sure welcome that! Nevertheless, hope we could clean up and improve further with the help of fellow members!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny
    Hey Steven!

Cheers,

Sounds good

Do feel free to let me know if you guys needs any reservations whatsoever.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Are you guys open on saturday mornings? i might pop by after a little photography session somewhere nearby.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast