Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hyperactive clown loach

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, my clown loach is hyperactive lately, swimming up and down the height of the tank all day. They are swimming in together, like playing with each other. Is it normal for clown loach to behave this way.

I never see clown loach at LFS like that. Usually I thought they will just hide one corner??

Btw, I got 4 of them. 3 bigger and 1 smaller. The 3 bigger ones are the one like that. The 1 smaller one is a loner and do not mix with them. Normal?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I would say it is a normal behaviour. That sounds like loach behaviour... The clown loaches should not always be lying on its side and hiding all day...

Check the smaller one for bullying... or it could be sick... I am saying this based on my experience with tetras, though... My lone tetras are usually the ones that were sick...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeap, clown loaches are very active, if they stay flat there..and dont move even during feeding time, it will be they are sicked or they are stressed.

but,if you are putting clown loaches to your planter tank, which is newly started, it will mess up almost everything they see.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    If normal then good. I thought the water condition no good they swimming to find better water.

The smaller one do not seems sick. He will swim by itself among the driftwood leisurely, not up and down like the rest. I bought them from different LFS, maybe thats why dun mix? Haha.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just make sure they don't keep swimming up and down the glass for the whole day... If so, check for naughty tankmates or a stressful environment.
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The colour of clown loaches will turn faint if they are feeling stress.