Advertise here
    any of you guys into killifish?

brudder,
    wrong forum lah!![]

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    me.. if u need info. i can send them to u.. just pm me.

DEA,
    pls kindly move this to the correct part of the forum..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 7/10/2002 2:06:37 PM

me.. if u need info. i can send them to u.. just pm me.

DEA,
    pls kindly move this to the correct part of the forum..
    ----------------
    oops, thanks adminstrator.

kelstorm, why don't we discuss here maybe got pple want to know also leh? []

Whats do you have? I tried keeping them by getting the eggs from oversea a couple of years ago. but didn't have much success. Saw in tropical that they have australe pair (beginner killies). Thinking of trying them out.

One qns I have, can I just throw a pair of australe in a planted tank and expect successfully breed them? I find it kind of troublesome to have to use a mop and remove the the eggs to some where else. Whats your advice when it comes to breeding them? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    fox,
    the australe u saw was probably the orange strain?
    they are commercially produced in Farms(indonesia & malaysia)-hybrid strain, not wild. Were u sure they were a pair? most places i've seen only sell males.
    There are over 200+ strains so to be specific u gotta include the second name Australe ...(....).
    A mop?(very easy to make,5mins only-plug & play)
    a lot of others u need peat.

kelstorm should be sending u some breeding info on the strain u wanna try breeding.-mine i gotta dig up,(i have a hard copy from killi.net but i stored the soft copy somwhere on a zip disk.
    i stopped keeping them about a yr ago.Gave away my killi growout tanks(custom 3ft 3 tier 10" width x 10"height).

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hahaha.. right now, i only have 1 aphyosemion australe aka known as orange lyretail.. bought at $8 or $10 at TB... and yes.. they are considered as common.. i preferred them coz they are not the normal annual fishes such Nothobranchius species; which some of them are pretty nice and beautiful..

btw, i have not been able to locate any females leh.. guess they are not popular leh.. if u do indeed locate a pair, grab them.. and put them in a species tank.. as for spawning media.. it is very easy to do mah.. ask someone to stick out their hands/arms.. then use a knitting yarn to go round the arms.. then tie in the middle and cut the ends, then tie it to a cork to enable it to float..alternatively, u can use java moss..
    as for expecting them to breed successfully, i dun think so.. unless u can provide the basic conditions for them such as temp and pH levels..

basically, me just starting out on them.. borrowed a book from the library on killifishes.. and if u are interested, send me a email requesting for the soft copy of the notes i d/l... [email protected]
    []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yup, no mistake tropical at lor harlus has australe orange lyretail females lots of them infact, $10 a pc []
    The males look very good also.

Thats what tempted me to get them. The nice aunty there also ask me why don't I buy killies, they look much nicer to her than apistos

I think killies are probably the closest freshwater fish that can be compared to the corals fish in terms of the colors and patternings.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yup, no mistake tropical at lor harlus has australe orange lyretail females lots of them infact, $10 a pc []
    The males look very good also.
    hmmm.. tempting.. hehehe.. but nowsday busy with school work.. sigh.. will try to go down when i can make it... if that is confirmed females, do get them.. btw, get the smallest one coz it will slowly mature and get used to the environment to be comfortable to the water parameters..

Thats what tempted me to get them. The nice aunty there also ask me why don't I buy killies, they look much nicer to her than apistos
    u gonna get slammed by those apistos keepers.. hahaha

I think killies are probably the closest freshwater fish that can be compared to the corals fish in terms of the colors and patternings.
    that i agree.. coz me already the originator of the dark side.. hahaha

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 7/10/2002 5:49:07 PM

the i stopped keeping them about a yr ago.Gave away my killi growout tanks(custom 3ft 3 tier 10" width x 10"height).
    ----------------
    bawater, where did you obtain your killies from? oversea?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 7/10/2002 6:56:04 PM

hmmm.. tempting.. hehehe.. but nowsday busy with school work.. sigh.. will try to go down when i can make it... if that is confirmed females, do get them.. btw, get the smallest one coz it will slowly mature and get used to the environment to be comfortable to the water parameters..

----------------
    Kelvin, you still schooling?[:0] I had the impression pple into marine are usually working liao

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    foxemty,
    well.. in that case, u have one fella here who refused to work and contribute to the economy lor.. hahaha.. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    buying 100 gobies at one shot also contributing to economy, right?[:0]

prob is he still doesn't want to go to work...[]
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    h20 oso has killis in pairs for sale.. i saw tropical's supply.... very young

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Pet Safari was selling African Killies for $12 each, looks like very young ones.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    buying 100 gobies at one shot also contributing to economy, right?[:0]

prob is he still doesn't want to go to work...[]
    ----------------
    hehehe.. i will try my best to spur the economy with my little effort.. sigh.. the market now is so bad.. if this goes on.. how am i gonna find a job.. perhaps i should study my MBA first... contemplating now..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah, if you can afford not to work now and have a better option to continue your studies, i think study first lah.[]
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.