Images
    Country
    China

Devario & Danio from Yunnan

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just got internet connection here at Shenzhen today...so here are some pics to share....lots more coming..

First Devario we caught was this probably Devario apogon(better put cf first) from Nu Jiang(Upper Salween) main stream, only a few specimens as the river was damn fierce in this period of the year....drop into the water means gone forever..

then the second Devario was found together with Dario dayingjiangensis in Irrawady tributary, according to the description paper of the Dario by Fang Fang's hubby, this should be D.apogon.

freshly preserved specimen of the same fish as above, lovely fish, probably not need to add heater few months later as the local can be as low as 4, 5 C in winter

Then we travelled further west along the same tributary and collected this D.interruptus, the males are in beautiful orange mating color during this rainy season.

Fish from another locality, we finally made a phototank.

This is an unknown fish caught from the first D.interruptus habitat, not sure it is younger fish, but looked different when we compared side by side..it looked like the red line rasbora initially..no specimens to compare as they are all lost in Kunming..sighh

Then we visited the border town Ruili and then collected this D.albolineatus at Luxi (almost inside the city)! There were D.interruptus as well

The last two Devario are from Mekong tributary down south. This is D.chrysotaeniatus from the famous Wild Elephant Valley near Jinghong in Xishuangbanna.

And the more common Devario in this region was D.laoensis, almost everywhere we sample. This male showing nice orange mating color.

In tank, one of the most well taken fish pic in the field(the forest)...sighhh

That's it...these were the easiest to ID compare to other fish we collected..
    Last edited by MrTree; 2nd Aug 2006 at 00:45.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    all the colours damn solid.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    China
    Yup, but then the commercial value is still low..got to set up a base in Kunming but then the water at Kunming is different from these few rivers, Kunming is still Chang Jiang,,hard and high PH...that's why lost all the fish in there...sighh

then another thing is the Yunnan is damn protective to the wild animals..basically cannot find any in the market(even the very small town, GZ has got much much more stuff in the market openly)..especially the Myanmmar side, traffic towards inland got lots of check point(mainly looking for drugs and then wildlife)..kena checked many times since we were travelling along the border....we didn't really see tourists throughout the fishing trip.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    you have to go down to Myanmar along the Burma Road.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    China
    I went to quite a few burmese gates, the people are cultivating sugar cane now..i should have gone to the Laos one, was so nearby..

p.s your inbox full..yup, call on thursday morning.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Wah.. all swee swee man..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTree
    I went to quite a few burmese gates, the people are cultivating sugar cane now..i should have gone to the Laos one, was so nearby..

p.s your inbox full..yup, call on thursday morning.

OK. clear liao.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    very nice and swee fish !!