Country
    Singapore

Eheim tanks and package deals??

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

This is my first post after hanging around this great site for a couple of days. I'm new to the hobby and looking for tips and advice from fellow aquatic hobbyist before I set up my own.

On the subject of Eheim tanks, which LFS sells them?

Most of the shops seem to carry Juwel instead. Are Eheim tanks of inferior quality and therefore less popular?

Have been to a few shop and they seem quite keen to push for package deals. Especially those that include set up for around 5K to 8K (4 ft tank). Even the tanks seem to be packaged to include hood and cabinet, internal filter, lights and heater, etc. Any attempt to try to enquire about the tank alone does not seem to meet with much enthusiam. "Oh, you can always custom make a tank if you want, but it's more expensive" Strange...

I know from the post that Nature Aquarium can custom make for decent money, but I was quite interested in the Eheim tank as it comes with the hood and the tank base (not cabinet) as I want to put the tank on a nice cabinet that I saw in a furniture shop.

Could anyone share some tips on the above? Thanks!

Regards,
    Benny
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    benny, u jus want the tank and not the cabinet?? for ehiem tanks, u can try Soon heng aquarium at bukit merah view.. they have a few on display... talk to william the boss

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    benny

If I were you, I would buy the tank w cabinet.

I kind of "stumbled" into the hobby. My wife had pestered me to get some fish for the kids...so one day I got a 1 ft tank on impulse. But before the week is over, I found myself running to the lfs to get a 2 footer...now that's for myself [] Then I ran to the furniture shop to get a cabinet. Wow! large tank, nice cabinet, so I thought then.

Now I'm regretting buying that cabinet cos 2 ft looks like a dwarf now[] Now where on EARTH am I to put the $290 cabinet when I've got my 4 ft tank

Good that you're planning ahead and doing your homework.

Gook luck

Mike

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    oh ya, if you do get your dream cabinet fr the furniture shop, make sure it can support a 4 ft tank plus water and all those underwater stuff. This has been my worry with my $290 cabinet.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    benny

I recommend you set up the tank yourself. It is a rewarding and fun experience...that will help bring down your blood pressure

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hello Benny, why don't u see the classified section. There's someone selling his entire Eheim tanks plus accessories n all.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Benny, a few reasons why shops like to bundle things up..

(1) they may be selling individual items expensive...but with everything in one bunch, and esp to someone not familiar with market prices, they can add a bit here and there as they wish. They will try to discourage things that will give them less profit. But dont always believe what they say. There are good deals elsewhere.

Make sense...they will not give any information that will reduce their benefits

(2) ANother possibility is that they reduce the price of each item marginally below market then bundle up. But so far i see, the individual items in most bundle are only very slightly cheaper if you break them down.

to the shop, of coz it will be good if 3 items are sold at 1 shot instead of just 1.

(3) many ppl like the convenience of getting ready-to-work sets...rather than hunting for individual items and not sure how this and that can come together.

But again, that is what AQ is for!

Post something,

ask for a list of equipment and the best places to get them...and the price....down to gravel...everything .

I am sure suggestions will pour in.
    You will have more fun this way...not to mention substantial savings.