Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Get the Max out of DIY CO2: would this work?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Get the Max out of DIY CO2: would this work?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    so i've got this whole DIY co2 understood quite alright and it's been going ok for about 6 months. (each batch lasts about 3 to 4 weeks). here's what my set up looks like.. i've got this 11inchX8inchX8inch tank that houses my Ap.Caca. the co2 diffuser lets out the tiny bubbles well but as time goes by, the co2 output changes because of the pressure from the bottle.. so i got one of those capsule toys and used the transparent half.. drilled a hole onto the side and added a suction cup.. so i fitted it just above the diffuser.. the bubbles are captured in there so that just dont float to the surface and mix with the air... then i attached a tube from the outflow of the filter and ran it to point out at the collected CO2.. so that it's water surface is always moving.. since i did that... the moss has been growing much better.. you think it's actually working for me?
    or should i get one of those ladder things that let bubbles travel slowly and diffuse into the water as they go up?
    If I were a fish, I'd BREED all Day!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It works for me, but it only works for small tanks like yours

The ladder thingy is the worse possible diffusion method imho..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The "bell" didn't work for me.. It filled up to fast.

Similarly, I just bot the ladder thing. I get no bubbles for one second, then tons of bubbles the next. I don't think I got it right.. haha

Incidentally.. Anyone interested in making a really cool DIY co2 generator? Using acrylic and stuff.. I'm thinking of trying it out..