Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Apisto fries

Feedback Score

Apisto fries

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My borelli eggs just hatched today and I see a very good number of fries with the female.
    What should I do next? Shud I seperate the parents from the fries? Will the parents eat the fries? And what do do normally feed them?
    Appreciate any advice I can get.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    u can leave the parents in there. r they in a community tank? if so, they(parents) will guard the fry.. but if u notice the father munching the fry.. u can remove the male.. but pls observe, coz sometimes, the mother will be seen gulping her fry (the eating) when they go astray

Feedback Score
    Thanks Simon. They are in a tank all on their own. From my observation, some fries are with the male but the majority are with the female. And I just saw the female gulp one of the fries.

Also what about lights? Read an article from Benetay about lights but don't quite understand.

I'm feeding the fries with liquidfry. Is it enuf. Tried to get some daphnia but were all sold out.

Usually, what's the survival rate.

Wow! This is exciting.[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    its said that in the dark, thats when the fry get lost and prolly end up as a snack for some fishes.. for me, the tanks r position at the powerpoint and the lights emits from the multisocket gives them some light...

as for feeding, yes liquid food is okie.. but if u want them to grow faster u gotta provide them with live food like daphina

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ahh, liquifry.. hrm.. don't use it too much. sometimes it clouds the water and uneaten portions become fungused. if u really need to use liquifry, use it in very small amounts at regular intervals. only use it when u see the fries foraging across the gravel bed. the last time i used liquifry with my betta fry, they all died. oh yeah, daphnia's great. my friend managed to raised successive broods of bettas using just daphnia. on 2nd thought, i think they're Moina.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    jus change water.. not really a prob there.. i raise my fry with liquid food without much prob

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 7/13/2002 11:06:52 PM
    And I just saw the female gulp one of the fries..

----------------
    Most of the time the female isn't eating the fries, she is just catching the straying fries with her mouth since she has no hands and bringing the fries back to the right place.

Had seen my females doing it quite often, they will spit the fries out back into a safe place. cute

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey gerald do u intend to sell the fries cos me interested in buying. And congrats on your fries hatching.[:]
    To The World You May Be 1 Person
    But To 1 Person You May Be The World!
    Pacific_Flame