Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: small white patches on endler females...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

small white patches on endler females...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hmm... Some of my female endlers are developing small white patches on their backs and some serious ones on their caudal fins... Their dorsal fins are usually clamped too... But they are still very active and eating well...

Could it be a result of not changing the water for too long?
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Justin,

I think its Salt.

Cheers,
    Cal

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It's Justikanz, not Justin...

Anyway, what about Salt?

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Negative, it's a infection. I think he meant adding salt. Change your water 50% and add oxy...something. it's a blue bottle, medicated salt. Should settle the issue.
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes... LoL I thought your name is Justin Kan,,
    Sorry.
    yes michael you read me perfectly. Sneaking to post during work does not allow me to type out long posts

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    But they are in an extremely heavily planted tank with shrimps... Salt no problem for the plants?... Or the oxy-something? Michael?...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    He means OXYCURE I think, some kind of salt. I read at Endlers R US I think epsom is enough to solve the problem. Maybe you can check the forum for answers.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks... I still have some reservations with salt in a planted tank, though... Will see how to go about that course...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Salt in a planted tank is ok. Been done before. The amount of salt being used is not high enough to really effect most plants.

By the way, it's aquarium salt, not table salt.

Medication I avoid using in planted tanks. Some medications do indicate not to use with plants. Others are not suitable for invertebrates. Some medications will also colour the water and thus cut down the light for the plants.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks!... For a 2ft x 18inch x 18inch tank, how much salt would be ok? Assuming that 20-25% of the tank volume goes to rocks, substrate and plants and a water level 1-2inches off the top...

I never used salt before and the last time I tried to get rid of snails, I literally made giam cai (salted vegetables) out of frogbits and MM...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Was searching the old threads for the info. Can't find the one i was looking for but... this will do. http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...salt#post13902 (let it load fully and jump to the correct post.)

Anyway, search for DEA's posts regarding this.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I've used Oxycure in a planted tank before, didn't observe much collateral damage. I think there is directions for dosage on the bottle. But don't come complaining if you make 'Giam Chay Teng' hor.
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by vinz
    Was searching the old threads for the info. Can't find the one i was looking for but... this will do. http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...salt#post13902 (let it load fully and jump to the correct post.)

Anyway, search for DEA's posts regarding this.

DEA..... I nearly forgotten his existance.... hahaha
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Haha,
    I just noticed that your post was 1 mth ago, since my random reply today, the solutions come flooding in........

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks, Calamari... Actually I had also forgotten I posted that query... Not much time since then to actually look at my Endlers...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

So presumably they all were self-cured. Anything endler now just drives me crazy.....pretty addicted

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh no, they were not cured, I just have no time to look at them and even if I did, I don't feel like wanting to do anything... Same as my re-scaping plans and plant trimmings...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeah.....I'm feeling it too. My Ludiwigia hits the surface every 3 days.........was fun at the beggining...now its a pretty sick feeling

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Justikanz View Post
    Thanks, Calamari... Actually I had also forgotten I posted that query... Not much time since then to actually look at my Endlers...
    Hey, if you want Oxycure, I can pass you what is left of mine... Just remember to change water after 1 week when using it and half the dosage... After adding the Oxycure, rememebr to clean any metal equipment else you get a good rusting...

Your shrimps should not suffer too much...

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Yeah.....I'm feeling it too. My Ludiwigia hits the surface every 3 days.........was fun at the beggining...now its a pretty sick feeling
    That's the problem with stem plants... hahah... Get a higher tank and it will solve the problem...
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast