Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by neon View Post
    4 benefits I see :

a) Consistent and accurate temperature sensing
    b) the thermostat I chose which allow calibration (offset setting)
    c) reduce the number of kick-in time and is not affected by conditions other than temperature in the tank. Flow rate will only affect the efficiency of the cooling within certain time, but will not cause the frequent kick-in and out .
    d) I delay the kick-in time when the temp reach the threshold. ie 15 mins. By delaying to minimize the amount of running time in a single day.
    thanks for the information.
    Chee Yong

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    This new series of Hailea HC series have a known thermostat problem, not sure about the older series.

I have my Hailea chiller repaired once, and it failed second time. I got a whole set replacement. This 2nd set work perfectly fine, I think it depend on your luck. Quality of product is not consistent.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Well, my Hailea's stopped working, just about a year after purchase. The LCD panel is still lit; but when the main power is switched on, it reads the water temperature briefly (e.g. "28 degrees"), then beeps, and displays "P2" on the LCD, and doesn't do anything more.

Any clue what that means? Checked the manual and it says nothing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Update on the above problem with my Hailea chiller. I got a repairman contact from a fellow forumer here, and made arrangements for him to come by my place to see what's wrong.

As it turned out, it was indeed a thermostat issue. So, the repairman bypassed the internal one and installed an external thermostat, with an additional temperature sensor into the tank. Chiller now works properly again.

Final cost of repair was $100 (rather expensive IMO), work was completed in around 20 minutes. Repairman was quite a nice guy to talk to as well.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ex anot depend how you see it
    A $300~400 chiller with $100 for simple job, indeed ex!
    The ext thermostat easily cost $70 if you check out at Sim Lim Tower, so not ex lah!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    is there a way to replace the temp probe (rewire another probe to be place in tank) to the existing thermostat/control?

Anyone know what type of probe is used ?(any common type used for chiller, K type?? can only remember this one .. haha)

IMO , problem is the where we placed the probe (and flowrate) that result in inconsistent start/stop .......the thermostat only react based on temp input. (so why spend $$ for external thermostat)

smk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Wzierbovsky View Post
    Update on the above problem with my Hailea chiller. I got a repairman contact from a fellow forumer here, and made arrangements for him to come by my place to see what's wrong.

As it turned out, it was indeed a thermostat issue. So, the repairman bypassed the internal one and installed an external thermostat, with an additional temperature sensor into the tank. Chiller now works properly again.

Final cost of repair was $100 (rather expensive IMO), work was completed in around 20 minutes. Repairman was quite a nice guy to talk to as well.
    Who is that repairman?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Any updates on what happened to Nicky's chiller?

Am looking to purchase the Hailea HC 300A for my 3 x 1.5 x 1.5 ft tank.

Any recommendations?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I am also looking for a chiller for my 24" 20" 20" fish tank.

Any recommendation?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567