Images
    Country
    Singapore

LH Outcrossings

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i recently dropped by at C328 and Pet Safari and the LHs don't seem the same anymore. some of the LHs don't even look like the LHs. they seem as if they were some other cross of LH with other cichlid species. one of my friends told me that some other breeders have been experimenting with other species to create some new hybrid to challenge the current LH breedtypes. this isn't good news at all. at this rate of crossing and out-crossing and haphazard hybridisation, even our so-called "pure" cichlids may be in danger. i cannot imagine the impact of another wave of so-called "new species" in the market. oh yes, C328 displayed a picture of Vieja regani on one of the LH fry tanks. i believe they might have crossed the LH with V. regani cos some of the newer LHs happen to be REALLY shimmering green in colour. ahhh.. another headache.. []
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    This is a real cause for concern. I hope AVA can set some stringent guidelines and restriction on the breeding of LH and its hybrids. Best to ban Malaysian import. I can foresee an ecological disaster is in the making. Once the LH bubble bursted, u won't see any local fish anymore in our waterways. []

It would be quite interesting once the LH crosses with guppies, bettas and who knows, the snakehead. *heehee* Do we have any native cichlids by any chance?
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    haha no we dont have native cichlids in singapore..

nearest is at india...
    chromides... and they are brackish
    there was an indian trader at aquarama last year..he showed me some new species found in india..but i dont know the names. didnt get any too