Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Ram doesn't eat???? Not even tubifex worms...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Ram doesn't eat???? Not even tubifex worms...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Guys, any of u have rams and how do u make them eat? I bought 2 blue rams yesterday with a group of neon tetras...the neons r eating but the rams refuse to eat...not even sinking food..

This morning found 1 of the rams dead...makes me really sad..i really don't want the other 1 to follow...PH, ammonia, and nitrate levels are ok. I will be glad of any help and solutions.. Thanks!!!
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    perharps they r suffering from internal parasite, u dun anything weird??

Feedback Score
    well u can look out for certain signs like :
    - r they swimming as normal (in the lfs b4 u got them)?
    - r they hiding even when ure not in visible sight?
    - r their colours out or dull?
    - do u have other fish that maybe aggressive towards them but u dont see it when u're not in front of ur tank?
    - internal parasite as simon mentioned?
    - is the water salted conditioned??

there r tons of reasons for a fish to give up and dies ...
    hopefully urs will be fine in a while.
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    does your rams always seem to be looking for something and not eating ?? all my 3 rams bought on diff occasions have the same problem. they were all from tiong bahru. they died soon ... from starvation i guess. it's a shame as i tot they are really beautiful fish and can coexist with tetras. will try again soon

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think it could be some internal parasite as well... I recently bought 6 rams for my 2.5ft tank, and initially all was well. However after a few days they started dropping... At first I thought I may have over crowded them so I ignored the attrition, but then I noticed they started getting really skinny like they were emancipated... thats when I started treating them for internal parasites. Still, I'm down to my last 2 rams now... fortunately the treatment seems to be working, and even better still the last 2 survivors are the alpha male and female []
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Rams are quite sensitive, avoid feeding them tubifex worms. In the past, whenever I feed my fish tubifex worms, 1 or 2 of my dwarf cichlid (including rams) ended with internal parasite. Fish who stop feeding is usually linked to internal parasite.
    My Apisto Keeping Diary
    Apistogramma agassizii, Apistogramma bitaeniata "Careiro", Apistogramma brevis, Apistogramma elizabethae, Apistogramma eremnopyge, Apistogramma sp. "Miua", Dicrossus filamentosus

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    In my experience, Rams are rather sulky when first introed into new environment. Sometimes they go without food for a few days initially. After a while they will start feeding when they get more confident.

It's easier if you have exhisting Rams in your tank that is feeding. The new fish will adapt better if they see another Ram going for the food.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]