Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feeding my licorice gourami

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Not sure what paros is that at c328 but I immediately swoop one. Now thinking how to get it feed
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Buying fish on impulse without prior research should never be encouraged...

Most paros would require live food, unfortunately... Try starting with bloodworms and brineshrimp and see if it can change its appetite to frozen food and then slowly dried stuff... But I doubt they will take dried stuff...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    luckily my tank is matured and heavily planted, got water fleas around. But I think I will be getting some daphnia once in a while. Anyone knows what daphina feeds on? Need to get them alive on a longer basis.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Daphnia feeds on free (swimming) algae cells, the same that causes green water... and anything that size... Thus, established tanks with low fish population can support daphnia growth...

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    but the only algae I have is spot and hair algae. will that do? I don't usually see fleas hopping around in the moss, it only happens with lights are on suddenly
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey andrewtyr,

I think I saw you catching a piece of paro earlier on. I was wearing a white cap if you can recollect. Anyway what you got looks like anjungan, though its label allani. can check out this link. http://www.rva.jp/labyrinth/pros_anjun.htm

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Ruisheng,

I think I can remember, it was about 6pm-something. The fellow is in the tank already, colouring up. I have been looking to try some wild fish, then this paros came up. Very nice, I like the gourami movement. Doesn't really matter what specimen at this moment.

btw, Justikanz, you may wanna shift this to Chat.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry, you got the wrong moderator for that job...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    These are indeed small beauties. Used to keep different species of them. Initially rejected frozen blood worms and took bbs only. But why get only one?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    heh, I only had $5 in my wallet at that time. I still don' know much about handling wild labyrinth fishes, so tend to err on the safer side of things. Now have to get live food for it, very inconvenient.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Well if you have decided to keep this tiny gems the best for them is live food in order to see them in its optimum condition or even breeding them. They don't take dried food readily.

And i think it should be P.anjunganensis.. don't think so it is P.allani.. Have not seen them in the market.
    Azmi, the ShopMaster
    EcoCulture Aquarium
    565 MacPherson Road #01-01 Singapore 368234
    Tel / (65) 68732873 Hp / (65) 81212476
    Website / www.ecoculturesg.com
    Email / [email protected]
    Weekday 12-9pm / Sat 12-6pm /Sun 12-3pm / Close on Public Holidays

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Paros have small mouth. Thus when I fed them frozen blood worms thats too long or huge, they could only chew half way and then spit out. So decided to cut it up in tiny pieces for easier consumption and it works fine for me. From observation, to really know if they consume blood worms instead of spitting out, you will see streams of faint blood clouds after chewing. If they are chewing and chewing but no visual blood cloudiness, they will soon spit it out. Just my observation. Live bbs just as treat cause too troublesome to frequent lfs. Otherwise hatch by yourself.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    live daphnias are the best for them, but I have used frozen ones too. But I try my best to give them live when possible.