Country
    Singapore

Starting 2ft planted, need help

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,
    I'm thinking of starting a 2ft planted tank and need help from you ppl. Questions:
    1. Gravel: Is there any particular gravel that can be used for planted tank? Size? I plan to have 2-3inch thick gravel base. Enuff?
    2. I've got 'root monster' product. Is that considered fertilizer?
    3. Filter: Can corner box filter do? Or any recommendations?
    4. Lighting: Where to find a cheap, good source of lighting? Must be those type that can sit on top of the tank.
    5. CO2: do I need it?

Any further info/advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    1. Gravel: Is there any particular gravel that can be used for planted tank? Size? I plan to have 2-3inch thick gravel base. Enuff?
    It depends on the type of plants, for yr case, jus incase the thickness of the base fert... the ideal gravel size shld be ard 2-3mm diameter

2. I've got 'root monster' product. Is that considered fertilizer?
    yes, but those r used as supplement to yr existing say base fert... since u r setting the tank up, add base fert in..

3. Filter: Can corner box filter do? Or any recommendations?
    corner box filter? u mean like the ehiem liberty? yes, infact all types of filter can be use, though filters like top filter and those liberty type will have more disturbance on the water surface thus u gotta modify the outflow pipe

4. Lighting: Where to find a cheap, good source of lighting? Must be those type that can sit on top of the tank.
    Nature.. if u want to have plants like glosso or riccia then I suggest a 2x36watts light

5. CO2: do I need it?
    oso depend on yr choice of plants... prolly if yr budget is tight then try DIY and if its not effective then switch to the cylinder