England

Tank Finally Running...Fishes?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey guys!
    My SW tank is now up and running!
    It has been cycling for 2 weeks already and am really thinking about the fish that i want to put in it.
    The tank is 34"x14"x14". It has a built in power filter, that is very strong, and also has an internal Fluval 3 filter.
    The lighting is a 50/50 Coralife light.
    I have a small protein skimmer.
    The fish i really want are:

- Velvet Damselfish
    - Yellow Tailed Damselfish

And im thinking i want some green chromis also, but am open to all other ideas.
    Thanks for your help,
    Mez
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hahaha.. james, u are really fickle-minded.. hahaha. i asked u to keep green chromis right?? hahaha.. never mind.. i would advice u keeping a flame angel.. or lemon peel.. they are beautiful.. have some fishes that are different in colors.. will bring out the tank and make it more vibrant.. however, just dun overload the tank..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Hi Mez,

Congras. But do add fishes in batches. A few at a time n not all at one go. This is to prevent upsetting the N2 cycle. Just to quote frm other members, PATIENCE is the key to Marine fish keeping.

BTW, is yr tank MT when it is running? If that is the case, how is the BB going to build up? There must be some fish(or waste producing stuff) in it in order for BB to build up.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Hi Kel,

Good evening.

How much is the green chromis? Planning to get some fish from FARMART tomolo. Price? I dont wan to kena chop. Thanks for yr help.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Congras. But do add fishes in batches. A few at a time n not all at one go. This is to prevent upsetting the N2 cycle. Just to quote frm other members, PATIENCE is the key to Marine fish keeping.

BTW, is yr tank MT when it is running? If that is the case, how is the BB going to build up? There must be some fish(or waste producing stuff) in it in order for BB to build up.

Cheers
    ----------------
    Tigger, what is BB and MT??? green chromis can be purchased at S$1 each at pac marine.. btw, Mez is staying in England.. so his price is different..

james,
    pls check on the water parameters periodically, and do add fishes in batches.. if not, your system can still 'crash'..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    OIC.

BB= Beneficial bacteria
    MT= empty

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    OIC.

BB= Beneficial bacteria
    MT= empty
    ----------------
    hahaha.. think, better not anyhow use such short forms.. hahaha.. BB to most ppl are brine shrimps.. hahaha.. to me, MT = military transport.. hahaha.. thanks anyway.. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Speaking of Military Transport reminds me of.............ROD Lor[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Haha Kelvin
    Yeah, the reason i ask this question is so i dun overload my tank.
    Also i believe the fishes i chosen very hardy..
    I am fishless cycling, with a dead shrimp from supermarket.
    Flame Angel cannot. Waaaay too pricey. How would a percula clown do?
    thanks,
    Mez
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    james,
    i know it cost ard 60 over there?? percula is fine.. they are friendly enuff.. perhaps u would like to give me a list of what are the fishes that u would to keep and within your budget.. then perhaps me can help u better.. it is a bit difficult for me to give u ideas.. hahaha.. it is your tank.. would prefer u to have your own choices of fishes.. what i can give is just advice..[]

Tigger, ROD? Haha, mine is a loooong time away, year 2011!!!! OMG.

Rgds,
    Hong Yee

hong yee.....how old r u?
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

19 .. disrupted mah, sianz...

Regards,
    Hong Yee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ROD or ORD?? got diff leh.. if ORD, mine was like 4 yrs ago.. if ROD, still have millions of months to go.. hahaha[]

DragonGoby, how come yours is 2011?? u regular izit??[]

Haha, no lah, not regular .. "sold" myself to government for 11 years liao, going back in 2009 as MO. [] Long way more to go lah, lol ...

Regards,
    Hong Yee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    MO... hahaha.. tell me which camp u will be posted to.. then when i report sick.. hahah.. u know what to do.. hahaha.. best, can get me downgraded but i figured that as officer, it is much difficult.. hahaha..[]

----------------
    MO... hahaha.. tell me which camp u will be posted to.. then when i report sick.. hahah.. u know what to do.. hahaha.. best, can get me downgraded but i figured that as officer, it is much difficult.. hahaha..[]
    ----------------
    Haha! I want to downgrade myself in future, if can!! combat MO also quite siong one.

Ya, just come over with a nice electric blue maxima, and I'll know what to do. Joking lah, hehe.

Feedback Score
    Er...Hong Yee,

You a future doctor ? Good.... next time, my flame angel sick, I will bring it to you....[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You a future doctor ? Good.... next time, my flame angel sick, I will bring it to you....[]
    ----------------
    Ivan,
    hahaha.. then i had better not get my doctorate in biz studies.. hahaha... if not, u bring it to me, i also dun know what to do with it.. hahaha[]

Haha, Kel, u don't know what to do if Ivan sends you a flame?!?

Keep it!! []

hahaha!

Regards,
    Hong Yee