Images
    Country
    Singapore

Planting riccia on driftwood

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    have an enquiry about growing tying riccia to driftwood. if i would like to have riccia only on the top portion of the driftwood, how do i secure the riccia to the driftwood? mine is mini riccia.what i am doing is i use a fine netting to cover the entire driftwood and use a black nylon thread to tie around the netting. the tnread is obvious as well as the netting. the natural look of the driftwood seems to be lost. what can i do jus to secure the riccia and at the same time have the natural look of the driftwood? hope you all can understand what i mean here. do hope someone can give me a better suggestion. thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    instead of wrapping and tying the whole driftwood, perharps u can try using small piece of netting instead and try to use tread of the same color to the wood... usually once yr riccia starts growing, they shld cover up the netting and the tread together.. riccia dun spread to places on the driftwood, so make sure to avoid netting those places

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The netting and threads should not be visible once the Riccia has grown. If the edges of the netting still shows, try stuffing more Riccia along the edges. Make sure all the Riccia gets sufficient light.
    You can try fishing line too. It looks quite transparent -- just like certain bra straps ...
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks