Thread: Dream Skimmer

Feedback Score

Dream Skimmer

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi

I hope to gather the opinons of all the marine aquarists out there.....
    where can I buy an affordable, simple, efficient hang-on external prot. skimmer in Singapore.

Thanks a bunch![]

Feedback Score
    try red sea prism, but it's gonna cost u $200+

Feedback Score
    Hi
    I heard of it b4. Where can I buy one?
    Also, the Remora Pro seems good but I dun think can find at local shop.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    i tried looking for red sea prism at a few places yesterday but can't find it, seems like it's out of stock nw. but i do know dat marine life hobbyist at hong leong has stock n i'll be going down to get it later. not sure abt the remora pro. think it's gonna cost more. the last time sumone recommended me to try aquamart. i find dat place ex. most of their protein skimmers cost a bomb!

try searching the net for more info on hang on type skimmers.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    red sea prism can be found at petmart.. but it is closed on monday.. price wise.. i'm not too sure.. but should be ard $200+
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    er... was at petmart yesterday... no more stock liao...

CPR BakPak!!! really neat stuff!

Don't think there are any in Singapore though.

Regards,
    Hong Yee

Feedback Score
    hong yee,

how much? but dat thing seems v big...

Prizm costs US$87 roughly (from catalog in FAMA mag), and BakPak costs US$130. However, if you're really thinking of buying mail-order from the states, you will have to geta step-up transformer. Too much hassle, I think!!! Better go for some locally-avl ones, maybe Red Sea Berlin?

Regards,
    Hong Yee

Seriously Orca is really not bad, and very cheap as well.

Feedback Score
    I got my red sea from hong leong. I think is $220. Though, I have never used other brand of skimmer before, I find that the design is rather good. Very useful ... One more plus point is that, my fish love the tiny bubbles flow down from the skimmer. I have used this skimmer for about 4 mth now. Still good. []

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Seriously Orca is really not bad, and very cheap as well.
    ----------------
    ORCA is considered as in-tank skimmer.. if looking for skimmers outside the tank.. imo berlin is one of the best... but others might differ.. i heard that aquamedic one is quite good as well..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    damn! went to hong leong yesterday to get the prizm but it's out of stock! any idea where else can i get it? pls dun tell me petmart, i tried oledi, oso out.

y dun u get a tunze skimmer??? although its hang in....its very efficient and no brands like redsea or any taiwanese brand can match up to it.the price is very affordable too. reefworld and supreme carries them. olso if u read abt the performance of prizm at reefcentral ,u will find tt its not tt good after all.

tunze
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Feedback Score
    I was at superstar downtown east earlier and they too have run out of stock for the prizm. the new stock may come in next week.

I agree with Spiff - I've read many negative reviews about Prizm, but then again some people also have no prob with it. Up to u ... but personally, since Prizm is already so ex, might as well get a nice venturi skimmer at around the same price.

Regards,
    Hong Yee

Feedback Score
    tunze? i tot they dun hv any hang on skimmers? anyways, tunze skimmers are gonna cost me a bomb!