Country
    Singapore

what's that?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    guys,
    i notice some hair-like algae (very fine) growing on the glass of my bumblebee tank.. may i know what is it? i have java ferns inside the tank.. could it be the spores of the fern? should i clean it? it is green in color.. what are they???[:]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hair algae, could be due to circulation prob

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    If its algae and you only have JF without CO2, try putting some frog bits or duckweed to control nuitrients in the water.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    juggler, it has not reached that stage!!!.. hahaha.. btw, is it good to have such stuff?? i have to stare hard on the glass to locate the microscopic strands.. and they are located apart and singly..unlike the pic u showed me.. it reminds me of BBA.. hahaha..only exception is that, it is green in color.. hahaha

simon, circulation prob u mean?? me using Eden 316 for my 2ft tank.. hmmm.. perhaps i increase the circulation rate and see how..

Vinz, i removed the frog bits.. coz they are potential traps for my frys... []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    trap for fry?? DUH!!
    leave them in
    stuff trapped on the roots will feed the fry, which is probably why they always stay near the roots

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    but apparently, bumblebee frys get themselves entangled with the roots and can't seem to dislodge themselves from the frog bits.. and thus starved to death..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    that's not it
    you must look elsewhere for the cause, young padawan []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 7/22/2002 6:48:43 PM

juggler, it has not reached that stage!!!.. hahaha.. btw, is it good to have such stuff?? i have to stare hard on the glass to locate the microscopic strands.. and they are located apart and singly..unlike the pic u showed me.. it reminds me of BBA.. hahaha..only exception is that, it is green in color.. hahaha

simon, circulation prob u mean?? me using Eden 316 for my 2ft tank.. hmmm.. perhaps i increase the circulation rate and see how..

Vinz, i removed the frog bits.. coz they are potential traps for my frys... []
    ----------------
    I have some of those stuff growing on the plastic suckers, spray bar and a little on the gravel. But not on the glass. They grow so slowly and I don't think they are of any harm. My algae cleaners don't seem to eat it.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks