Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: just cycled the tank

Feedback Score

just cycled the tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    have managed to cycle my tank...now all the brown algae are disappearing from the sands and rocks ...now got quite some purple and a bit pink coraline algae...cycling process took some time becasue me added two dead fish to start off the bact... the pic was taken earlier...so there may be some brown patches on the sand bed....
    just give me ur comments... me want to try corals... i have kept fish only tanks for quite some time already..... abt 4yrs.... advise me on some beginner coral

http://arofanatics.com/members/vanan/marine13-7-02/ [] []

Feedback Score
    anyway... anybody got any mushroom corals to spare.... me willing to buy.... but i dun want very expensive types...

Where do you live? I can spare you some nice orange discosoma shrooms, and "un-rooted" cuttings of others as well.

Regards,
    Hong Yee

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    beginner corals.. go for mushrooms.. they are generally very hardy.. however, just to let u know.. corals require high quality water parameters.. and usually cooler water temp.. if not, they will just waste away..

other examples can be like anemones, leather coral..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    I stay in pasir ris, Hong yee.... How much $$ do u expect for the mushrooms.... i hope not very ex $$$. Thanks for ur offer and kel thanks too.... when i look at my tank... i feel its too unnatural.... wad do u think???

$$? no lah!! they're just some cuttings for free, friend. I live in West Coast, so just let me know when you'll be passing by and I'll hand some stuff to you. Glad to be of help starting your tank!

Regards,
    Hong Yee

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    vanan, the corals can range from $5-30 .. depends on the species as well..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    hey thanks hong yee..... i usually go near west coast everyday since i study in singapore polytechnic... Maybe we can arrange for some day where i can meet u ...so u can pass me those stuff....

thanks again man

vanan

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Vana should buy Hong Yee kopi![]

Eh Tigger, that's got to be the nicest thing I've heard for the whole day! [] haha, joking lah.

Vanan, just email me at [email protected] the day before you want to get them from me.

Regards,
    Hong Yee