Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: HELP!! sugar yeast solution in tank!!

Feedback Score

HELP!! sugar yeast solution in tank!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    immediate help needed... there is an accidental leak of the yeast cum sugar solution of my DIY co2 into my 1.5ft tnak and the solution has turned my whole tank cloudy!! it seems like the fishes are swimming in the mist!!!...

i've already changed more then 50% of the water twice liao but the condition is still cloudy...wat else can be done?? i need help fast!! thks for the help to whoever kind souls in advance....[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    martin, dun panick.. it makes matter worse, jus change water for the next few days and hope it goes away

Feedback Score
    okie thks simon..u mean its okie if i change the water everyday??? now theres the slimy substance on my gravel stones and even plants..oh gosh!!!okie i will change the water for the next few days...thks!![]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The DIY CO2 mixture toppled accidentally? Next time could use a rectangular-based bottle instead. Anyway, do you have some external cannister filter to help in the filteration too? Good luck.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    this incident happened to me once.. what i did was to change water.. twice daily till the water cleared.. but then, my tank is only 2ft.. so,not a major cleaning
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    One way to prevent this is to use another bottle.

1/2-fill the 2nd bottle with water. Bubble the CO2 into the 2nd bottle by inserting the CO2 line from the CO2 bottle into the water of the 2nd bottle. Then feed the CO2 from the 2nd bottle into the aquarium.

This way, any spill over will go into the 2nd bottle rather than the aquarium.

BC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    something like a gigantic bubble counter?

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    alternatively, use a flow valve or check valve or was it called stop valve.. something like that..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The check-valve prevents tank water from back-flow. But not the yeast solution which accidentally gets into the tank.
    For me, I place the yeast bottle and "giant bubble-counter" in a small pail so they don't accidentally get toppled by anyone.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    hey ..
    thks all for all the comments and al the help..i think i will try to change the water dialy till everything is better..i think the condition is not as bad as last nite.. suppose the external filter that i got did helped alot.... thks god....i will be carefiul wif my that bottle next time..heehee..thks again... [:0] []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 7/23/2002 5:02:03 PM

something like a gigantic bubble counter?
    ----------------
    Yes. Something just big enuf to contain any overspill.

BC