Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Advice

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I've had two green spotted puffers for a year now with no illnesses before. Earlier when I woke up, I noticed that one of them has an eye problem. It started off like a white film over his left eye- I could still see the pupil and eye color well although he couldn't move it. His fins seem to be whiter than normal. It's been about 4 hours and now his (I use 'him' lightly. I obviously have no idea whether it's a male) eye is completely covered in white- much harder to see the color under the white- and it appears to be a little puffy. His body coloring is still good and he's still swimming around as normal.

I tried to feed him and he tried to eat it but he seemed uncoordinated which leads me to think that he can't see out of the eye.

I read the Freshwater/Tropical Fish diseases thread and assume that it sounds like "Cloud eye" "Pop eye" or some type of bacterial infection.

What type of medicine should I use, if any? Any suggestions? Will he be blind in his left eye forever? If he dies, I'll cry so hard.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    hi doma
    it sure sounds like popeye it's got,
    medication is anti-bacterial cure the instructions will tell you how much to use.
    and as an afterthought do a decent water change before adding the treatment.

mick

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    Hi,
    Thanks. We went to three fish places this morning looking for something that contained "phenoxyethanol" because a site said it was good for both bacterial and fungus but we coudn't find it.

We went with "Melafix" I hope it works.

I tried to take a pic of his eye in his little 2 gallon aquarium (I separated him from the other fish of course) with a camera phone. Not too clear but you can see what I'm talking about at least.

Tank's Eye