Thread: Chiller for the rest of us!

Feedback Score

Chiller for the rest of us!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi

For those with Small Tank/Nano Reef or going for a miniature reef display, but are frustrated with the high price of a chiller, I am bringing an alternative which you might want to consider:

IceProbe Thermoelectric Aquarium Chiller
    * 50 Watts of Cooling Power
    * Easy Bulkhead Installation
    * Quiet, Efficient & Reliable
    * Environmentally Friendly

In typical aquariums, one IceProbe can reduce the temperature of 10 gallons of water 6 to 8 °F, 20 gallons of water 3 to
    4 °F, and 40 gallons of water 1 to 2 °F. Multiple IceProbes are commonly used in aquariums over 20 gallons to achieve higher temperature differentials.

In fully insulated aquariums (i.e. egg hatching, bait, and specimen aquariums), one IceProbe can reduce the temperature of 10 gallons of water over 20 °F.

Ideal for small tank. No need to invest in a noisy, compressor-type chiller.

Please let me know if you are interested as I am establishing the distribution channel to cater to small tank/nano reef aficionados like us who have limited space, limited time and limited resources and yet want to take pleasure in the joy of having a wonderful marine life mini-world.

Rough estimate of a single IceProbe, with Proportion temp Controller is S$460/- Comments always welcome!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    How does it look like? Any webby?

Feedback Score

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    In typical aquariums, one IceProbe can reduce the temperature of 10 gallons of water 6 to 8 °F, 20 gallons of water 3 to
    4 °F, and 40 gallons of water 1 to 2 °F. Multiple IceProbes are commonly used in aquariums over 20 gallons to achieve higher temperature differentials.

In fully insulated aquariums (i.e. egg hatching, bait, and specimen aquariums), one IceProbe can reduce the temperature of 10 gallons of water over 20 °F.

Ideal for small tank. No need to invest in a noisy, compressor-type chiller.
    ----------------
    not suitable for tanks from 3ft up...[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Yep. Only for SMALL Tank. 2 ft max!
    But remember the advantages:
    * Affordable Price
    * Quiet; only fan noise
    * Low power consumption; no high utility bills
    * No CFC or other coolant to replace
    * Can use multiple units to cool larger tanks. Still better TOC (total costs of ownership on long run)

if u r going to pay $300 without a temp controller, i think u shld get a teco ra200 instead by investing another few hundred. wat if u decide to upgrade??? i seriously dun think the ice probe can cope.a teco ra 200 can cool a 3ft tank with ease.
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Thats why lor, this iceprobe thing dont seems to have any temp control at all!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thats why lor, this iceprobe thing dont seems to have any temp control at all!
    ----------------
    that is scary!!!!!!!!.. what happen if the system goes haywire and we have ICEAGE the next morning?[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    True, the basic IceCap doesn't come with a temp controller.
    But the package does! As mentioned, it is meant for Nanoreef tanks, small tanks for limited space and budget.
    I sure hope I have the time, resources and space for a 3-4ft tank but alas, this is not the case.... so, for a small tank, we still can enjoy the wonders of a marine life ultra mini world.

A separate thought: It is well-known that the reefs in the world are diminishing at an alarming rate especially in the Asia region. Reef protection groups were already set-up in many countries (like USA) to protect the reefs. IMHO, it is a matter of time b4 the corals and fishes we loved so much will be on a restricted list; even in Singapore.
    Many of the corals are researched for biomedical reasons because of possible cures for many deseases including cancer. Let us continue to respect and treasure these precious marine animals and support aquacultured speciments if possible.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    True, the basic IceCap doesn't come with a temp controller.
    But the package does!
    i dun understand.. the temp controller is part of the package but it is not on the system?? then how to use?

A separate thought: It is well-known that the reefs in the world are diminishing at an alarming rate especially in the Asia region. Reef protection groups were already set-up in many countries (like USA) to protect the reefs. IMHO, it is a matter of time b4 the corals and fishes we loved so much will be on a restricted list; even in Singapore.
    Many of the corals are researched for biomedical reasons because of possible cures for many deseases including cancer. Let us continue to respect and treasure these precious marine animals and support aquacultured speciments if possible.
    thus, me dun keep hard corals and if possible, soft corals as well.. in fact, me had decided to stop keeping corals already.. yes, with corals, it look nicer, but IMO, the coral looks the best in their natural environment.. no offense to those who loves hard corals or corals of any form.. this is my personal conviction.. have been trying to convert ppl into keeping soft corals or no corals as well.. but sigh.. no use.. well, at least, i know some of us had managed to keep the corals alive and striving.. both hard and soft corals.. for eg, spiff, hongyee, etc..keep it up guys..

Feedback Score
    Hello Darth Kelvin

What I mean is that the package I am bringing to Singapore does include the temp controller and will be in the system...

I admire your love for nature. Everytime I look at the wonderful underwater oceanic reef pictures, it makes me want to thank God for the divisity and beauty He creates.
    IMHO, I think that if we want to keep a reef tank (any pet for that matter), lets be responsible and passionate about it....

Cheers to the successful and responsible reefers!

------------------------------------------------
    The Jedi Council applaud the Reef Protectors!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    What I mean is that the package I am bringing to Singapore does include the temp controller and will be in the system...
    oic.. in that case, u might want to advertise it properly.. like how the controller works etc.. give a brief description.. might help in the sales..

I admire your love for nature. Everytime I look at the wonderful underwater oceanic reef pictures, it makes me want to thank God for the divisity and beauty He creates.
    IMHO, I think that if we want to keep a reef tank (any pet for that matter), lets be responsible and passionate about it....
    [b]true.. the beauty of nature and the wonders of marine is why i started marine tank keeping.. in my early yrs of starting out this hobby, i was like wanting every inch of space to be utilised.. but i learnt from mistakes and thru reading.. and had since, swear off hard corals and is starting to swear off softies as well.. and i do agree with u.. if u want to keep a reef tank.. pls be passionate abt it and keep the corals striving...