Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

L-number for $1 pleco?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    just got my 13th pleco from fish&pet place... for a whole dollar![] need this to help me clean my small tank, cos a $1.50 oto's not working!

anyway, what's the L-number of this? looks like L023 to me.

only learned today that there're 2 types of $1 pleco. one with ringed patterns while the other nearly all black. daniel said the first one is not agressive, the second one is.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    flor, those $1 pleco are generally known as LK.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    thk u most likely got urself L83a, the Gibbiceps. and yes not too aggressive and in my opinion can be very pretty too in its own right
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    How big is the pleco? Quite cheap, the Rising below sell orange ones for $2.50/-.
    Live and let live, stop using life feeds.

Feedback Score
    gibby grows to abt 18". hardy fish to have around.
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi rain, yeah, that's probably it! tks! L83a...

hwchoy, what's LK?

leafhorn, it's about 2inch. they don't have many of these left, maybe less than 10, 1 each in various tanks. whereas the black ones are all in a same tank, probably enroute to luohan tanks...
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Coryfav,think they grow quite big.[] []
    Btw,enjoy yr outing.
    When my fishes are happy, I'm happy.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi francis, yeah, been told they'll grow quite big and probably faster than the fancy ones too! saw a 3inch and a 4inch at the same lfs, still looked quite pretty though...[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 7/23/2002 11:30:58 PM

hwchoy, what's LK?
    ----------------
    LK = Long Kang Pleco [:]
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi coryfav, congrats on ur new gibbicep! i have 2 of those too! took a painstaking half an hour just to find the ones with the most distributed pattern on their body!!! real nice pleco for a dollar! i bought mine for a dollar each also at petmart at abt 2 inches... now they are 3 inches big! u are right abt them growing faster than most exotics but hopefully they won't grow too big in captivity otherwise will have to give them up..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 7/24/2002 12:19:45 AM

they'll grow quite big and probably faster than the fancy ones too! []
    ----------------
    ahem ! they don't grow fast ! they grow very fast ! this fellow is a eating machine, eat almost anything ! ( except poo ! ).
    Flor ! soon u'll be tossing it out of the window ( just a matter of speech lah ! ), cheers []

Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    LSZ has one and it grows really fast too. and its really pretty too
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Sailfin/gibbiceps plecos can be quite aggressive in my experience, they are perfect for a Cichlid tank.
    But i have to say, $1!? thats CHEAP..about £5 for a 3" sailfin here..
    Mez
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    ahem ! they don't grow fast ! they grow very fast ! this fellow is a eating machine, eat almost anything ! ( except poo ! ).
    ----------------
    Yeah ... They grow real fast and they **** alot too! Imagine having one last time did not really helped me to get the tank clean.

In fact, they make my tank dirtier! By producing more ****! []

Luckily that guy realised that he has **** too much in my tank and find it too dirty and decided to do sucide jump out of my tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hwchoy, last time i saw a 1ft LK pleco, was in kent ridge pond. must admit it's a beauty!

mandz, i was quite impressed with thefish&petplace's L83a. placed in individual tanks, pretty and active!

allen, my "cheapo" did what i put it into the tank to do - cleaned my nana leaves which're covered with algae, stuff that the otos didn't want to do! so it passed its probation already. aiy, i thought any of my plecos that i think is too big, will eventually go into your pleco tank? "cheapo" will not even be given an interview, huh?[:0] []

yeah, rain, this L83a reminds me of L14a. it stays pretty even when it's big!

james, we've 3 types of cheap plecos here. one's the albino, then this L83a and then a "all black" L???. lfs told me that L83a is not agressive, at least better than the "all black" one...[:] and oh, no thanks to our luohan fever here, prices of these plecos have gone up for the bigger ones. heard that a 8" used to cost S$5, but now it's at least S$8... so when the luohan fever dies down, our waters will be filled with luohans AND plecos!

ninjafly, having kept other plecos before this, the size of their poo is no surprise to me![]

anyway, it's in my small tank with 5 hillstream loaches, so let's see how things go first.

ahem... announcing the arrival of flight L177 from lor halus. passengers will be collecting their luggages from belt 33. [:0] []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 7/24/2002 8:48:49 PM

hwchoy, last time i saw a 1ft LK pleco, was in kent ridge pond. must admit it's a beauty!

mandz, i was quite impressed with thefish&petplace's L83a. placed in individual tanks, pretty and active!

allen, my "cheapo" did what i put it into the tank to do - cleaned my nana leaves which're covered with algae, stuff that the otos didn't want to do! so it passed its probation already. aiy, i thought any of my plecos that i think is too big, will eventually go into your pleco tank? "cheapo" will not even be given an interview, huh?[:0] []

yeah, rain, this L83a reminds me of L14a. it stays pretty even when it's big!

james, we've 3 types of cheap plecos here. one's the albino, then this L83a and then a "all black" L???. lfs told me that L83a is not agressive, at least better than the "all black" one...[:] and oh, no thanks to our luohan fever here, prices of these plecos have gone up for the bigger ones. heard that a 8" used to cost S$5, but now it's at least S$8... so when the luohan fever dies down, our waters will be filled with luohans AND plecos!

ninjafly, having kept other plecos before this, the size of their poo is no surprise to me![]

anyway, it's in my small tank with 5 hillstream loaches, so let's see how things go first.

ahem... announcing the arrival of flight L177 from lor halus. passengers will be collecting their luggages from belt 33. [:0] []
    ----------------
    Yo guys, I saw a 2ft gaint 'all black' pleco at Seletar Reservoir yesterday. [:0] Couldn't believe my eye though is the ancestor of the whale......[:]
    What's the of fish farm 33 of Lor Halus??? roughly near where?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kunner, lor halus' farm with plecos is Lot 35F, nearer to the pasir drive 1 side.

at about noon yesterday:
    - about 3 L046
    - 3 L191
    - 1 snowball, abt 4" $70, but "reserved" (not by me!)
    - 1 L114
    - 1 L085

Feedback Score
    L001...... Allen, remember the joke I pulled when we first get the Aqualog? Also, what happened to Hitman?
    Have I done my water change?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    urbanjungleman, the body pattern looks more like L083a.

so are you the 3rd plecomaniac, after allen & hitman, who burnt your aqualogs, mix the ash in water and drink? []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 7/25/2002 12:13:55 PM

L001...... Allen, remember the joke I pulled when we first get the Aqualog? Also, what happened to Hitman?
    ----------------
    Goh ! is that u ! now that you're into planting ! what happen to ur L001 ?. Hitman is still around ! BUT very low profile lah ! busy busy with his " new collection ". Cheers man ! []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast