Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Seachem Acid Buffer or ...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I just bought a bottle of Seachem Alkaline Buffer and was wondering if it suits
    my planted tank. Went through Seachem's website and found out that there is Acid buffer. I understand that Alkaline Buffer is for pH above 7 and acid buffer is around 6. But the instructions are confusing me. My aim is just to maintain a KH of 2 and above.

Question is:

1.) Do i need to use them both together?
    2.) Both increses KH too right?
    3.) Im using Seachem Equilibrium also and it says that its best to use it with Alkaline buffer to maintain a proper KH. So should i use Alkaline buffer or Acid Buffer?

Will need some help & advice here. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You do not need to have a high KH for things to work with CO2. pH and KH are just datas used to find CO2 level in water. You can have a KH of 1 and things would still work and you need not expose your fish/critters to constant changing of salt level content by bumping the KH up every water change which can stress them. I just use my tap water and then add the CO2 and nutrients.

Regards
    Peter Gwee
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGwee View Post
    You do not need to have a high KH for things to work with CO2. pH and KH are just datas used to find CO2 level in water. You can have a KH of 1 and things would still work and you need not expose your fish/critters to constant changing of salt level content by bumping the KH up every water change which can stress them. I just use my tap water and then add the CO2 and nutrients.

Regards
    Peter Gwee
    Hi Peter,

is obtaining 2KH considered high? So you maintain a KH of 1 for your planted aquarium?

Problem is i bought Alkaline buffer and im wondering if its safe for my planted tank or should i change it to Acid Buffer instead.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    No one using Seachem's acid or alkaline buffer??