Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A river runs through it... A journal for a new project...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just checked... One or two of the crypts seems to have fungus growing on them... They could have died...

And what are those little seed like pods on the base of the crypt in the first picture of post#59?... Now they are all over the area near that crypt, including the glass...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    post the full set up again?.... after the plants settled down.
    Last edited by Justikanz; 6th Dec 2006 at 15:52.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    nice setup.. waiting to see more pictures post.
    Last edited by Justikanz; 20th Dec 2006 at 10:09.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I am deciding what fish to put in the stream area now...

The plants, except the Marselia sp. and the Cyperus helferi, have more or less settled in now...

Pictures will follow towards the end of the week...

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Update:

Oh, tank glass very wet, so pictures all look like being taken in the rain...

Some white 'mites' are growing all over the wood now! So angry! I wonder if garlic spray will affect the frogs... I want to try using garlic spray on those mites!

The Polygonum sp. is doing very well emersed...

And I love its little pink-white flowers...

The emersed moss is spreading (Think we 'named' this kind of moss hwchoy moss earlier)

The left side:

HC and young Marselia sp. sometimes flat flat when I looked into the tank in the morning... The jewel orchid is growing well after I shifted it here, luckily...

Bought the fissidens-look-alike-moss!

The right side:

The crypts are recovering... *phew!*

No.1 and No.2 don't really appreciates... They rather stay on top... But I just found out, when I am not around, they will trample all my HC and young Marselia sp. flat flat!...

No.3 is almost always alone...

An over view:

Ya... Still not able to peel the stupid sticker off!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi, a penknife may just do the job to get rid of the sticker. Place it at a angle and slide it slower under the sticker, see if it works.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Thumbs up Wow!!!!

Justikanz,

Your set up is way cool...

Got an empty 2 ft similar to your...

Thinking of setting it up.

Want to help?

Cheers!!
    Last edited by Justikanz; 25th Jan 2007 at 11:07. Reason: 'wanna'
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Very natural looking and really nice! Good job dude!! Makes me want to convert my 5 footer to a vivarium as well.
    visit my photo albums @ flickr!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Sadly, there were a few days when the aircon water pipe burst and there was no aircon... The place was like a sauna and the frogs were cooked...

But the plants managed to pull through... And I've did a little re-arrangement of some plants, or rather Wild Ginger arranged them for me when he dropped by for a visit... And I'd added a couple of jewel orchids...

Will take pictures soon... Too busy nowadays...

Altum Lover76, the fun part of it was thes etting up... So, why not start a journal like this thread and we all help you build it up?

Grey Fox, 5ft? Wow... That will be an interesting project...

P/S: The silly stickers are FINALLY removed!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Smile Re: Vivaruim

Thanks for the advice, Justikanz...

Starting one right away.

A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ?!? hmm... perhaps you should've taken off the lid or released the forgs. Better than letting them fry.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Alternative you can use a penknife blade to scrap it off after you wet the sticker.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Frogs fried when we are not in office lah. By the time we return to office the aircon had broken down for 3 days liao and the place was really like a sauna... we were all sweating in office as we worked for the next 2 days... And the stickers were removed sometime back... using penknife.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Updates:

Due to being too busy earlier on, the stemmed plant, Polygonum overgrewed and took over the tank for months... Choking the plants...

So, 1 fine day, over a weekend, I returned to office and pulled out all the Polygonum and added some slower plants...

Here is how it looks like now:

And I think my jewel orchids are budding... Hope they flower successfully...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oops... Just realised the bflower buds cannot be seen in the pic... Sorry...

Oh, I have a slight problem with this tank... There are BGA at the water area... *Sigh*... Don't know how to get rid of it for good...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Great Journal. Been a gd read for me since I've been tasked to setup a small vivarium in my office.

Btw, dun mind me asking a silly question as I've been out of touch with freshwater for a while. Which is the shop that I can get most of the stuff needed for vivarium like the pellet, wood bark, etc?

Cheers
    JC

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Go to thompson road area.. first can pop by NA and colourful.. then if not enough can do a short 5min drive over to far east flora.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Far East Flora? U mean to get the plants?

JC

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    What was your question?? i simply answered it..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234