Country
    Singapore

How to use a Mist Maker?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Dear all,

how do you actually use a Mist Maker?? I know it sounds stupid to ask, but the one i bought from a lfs do not come with a manual.

When I dipped the whole thing into the tank, no mist will appear. I suspect it's too deep in, it has abit 10cm of water on top if i just put the whole thing in.

I experimented with a cup, it works. Does the volume of water affects whether any mist generated?

Will a mist maker increase the temperature of the water?

Do I really have to put the making into a separate body of shallower water for it to work?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Depth plays a part, it will not work if it is immersed too deep, as you found that out when it's place in a cup, it works, so place it in similar depth in the tank... probably a few cm below the water-line.
    ...I love rubies too ...
    Ken

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    how about the water volume? When I placed it in the tank, same depth as the cup, there wont be any mist...

Furthermore, I'm afraid the water temperature will shoot up and "boil" the fish
    Last edited by Justikanz; 1st Nov 2006 at 14:41. Reason: Removing immediate quotation

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I had one sometime back, had to adjust the water level above it to make it work, does it work just below the water line? I don't think mister raise water temperature.
    Last edited by Justikanz; 1st Nov 2006 at 14:42.
    ...I love rubies too ...
    Ken

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually it does if you don't position it correctly, or if it needs maintenance.... It works best 8cm below water, ensure that the little ceramic plate is horizonal....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    Still in mist maker topic, is there in the market large capacity mist maker for extra huge setup? Talking about 4-5x the output of the smaller ones (which generates enough mist just to cover a bathroom sink).

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually kinda scare of the mist maker short-circuiting and zap all my fish!!! Last time i have a submerged filter that short-circuit, when i put my hand in, i will kenna shock! but the fishes are still ok leh.

But so far, even when I place the mist maker like 8cm underwater, it doesn't give out mist at all. Dunno whether is it I have a faulty maker?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Franz View Post
    But so far, even when I place the mist maker like 8cm underwater, it doesn't give out mist at all. Dunno whether is it I have a faulty maker?
    Cannot be. Try with various depths....

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Re: How to use a Mist Maker?

Hi Franz,

Mist makers are easy to use and care for. I have a whole line of videos that show everything you need to know from using mist makers in an aquarium to making a huge home humidifier. Here is the one about using a mist maker in a fish tank. You can click on my profile and watch all the videos.