Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Is XXL bala shark aquascape-friendly?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

Is XXL bala shark aquascape-friendly?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    As the title suggest. XXL bala shark = 30 cm ones. Tank is going to be huge. I'm interested to keep a small shoal.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I used to keep a small shoal... They do school nicely... If I remembered correctly, they are relatively harmless to plants... BUT, they are big sized and can swim from one end to the other with great speed and they don't really care what is in their path... plants, wood or glass...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    LOL... that goes the same for my congo and roseline shark. But in this case bala shark has the potential to grow much bigger... more than three times of those fish. Sometimes I feel bad when they got shocked and dash away, hitting substrate, plant, wood or glass.