Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: melafix

Feedback Score

melafix

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    being introduce to this medication by a friend.1.does it works well with active carbon cos the instruction say that remove it if possible?2.will it be harmful to fishes if overdosed?3.how effective it is to injuries and torn fins?4.is it expensive and where to get it cos my lfs say that it is an outdated product and they r not bringing in stock?

rgds
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    started using this for my bettas before. now keeping stock for just-in-case purpose. last used when i put some sterbai corys in quarantine tank.

see: http://www.koivet.com/melafix/ for details. i've a hardcopy stuck to my office cubicle.[]

1. activated carbon should be removed, whenever you medicate your tank.

2. yes, i've heard of bettas dying after being overdosed with melafix. have never experienced before, cos see no need in overdosing![:0]

3. i've managed to cure finrot cases on my bettas and albino cory before.

4. gee, last time i bought a bottle was quite sometime ago... can't remember the price. something like $6 to $20 (???) depending on the size of the bottles? try Petmart or B328 Clementi.

cheers!
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    err fav,the website dun work leh.....

rgds
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeeks! melafix disappeared from their site!!!

i actually did a search in yahoo.com on "melafix" and found various sites. this's only 1 of them. will try later...
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    fav tks a lot.however it doesnt cover the effects on overdosing.i supposed slight overdosage is fine cos this product seems so natural in their ingredients.maybe more ophinion will helps....

rgds

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hk, are you planning to overdose? why, if i may ask?

Feedback Score
    no lah.it is only a what if situation.some more i always used 50% of the dosage stated in using chemical and medicine for my fish.so myabe i planning to used the full amount of melafix reccomended this time round loh.finger crossed.....

rgds

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 7/31/2002 12:28:26 PM

no lah.it is only a what if situation.some more i always used 50% of the dosage stated in using chemical and medicine

----------------
    not a recommended practice
    you might end up stressing your fish for nothing and on top of that, start breeding resistant bacteria if the med is below MIC (minimum inhibitory concentration)
    follow the instructions and you should be just fine

Feedback Score
    there is a concern on overdosing also.so me also hesitate on how much to use..[]

rgds

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    like i said
    follow the instructions and you will be fine
    unless there is something intrinsically incompatible with the medicine (like, methylene blue and biological filters) you shouldn't need to worry

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hk, what fish are you planning to use the melafix on?

Feedback Score
    a carpinte.....

rgds