Country
    Romania

Orange goldfish sick

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,
    I have a problem with my goldfish, I think its ich, but I want to be sure. About 3 weeks ago the temp in my fish tank dropped rapidly a few degrees (I don't know how many cause I don't have a thermometer), due to the arrival of could weather here in Romania. The central heating didn't work for a week in my apartment and I don't have a fish tank heater. About the same time a small transparent and protruding blister appeared on my goldfish's tailfin, it was about 1mm across. After 1 to 2 weeks the blister doubled its size and turned white (not transparent anymore) even more protruding then before. My goldfish lives alone in a 5 gallon tank (now please don't freak out, I know it's a very small tank for him). It's a temporary solution and the goldfish in still small, about 3 months old. I just finished gluing together the glass for a 40 gallons fish tank. For treatment I used 1 and a half tablespoons on aquarium salt + a water conditioner that contains metilene blue. My fish is quite happy and lively despite this 1 spot/blister and has a big appetite. Now, my questions are...is this ich? And if it is, is it enough salt (1.5 tablespoons for 5 gallons)? What else should I do? I cannot raise the T to 30 C since I don't have a heater. I do weekly 70% water changes using the water conditioner against chlorine and chloramines.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Romania
    Salt treatment worked, the blister burst open after it has been growing for about 3 weeks. The fish seems fine. It was probably ICH and now it's cured. Does this mean that my fish has now immunity to ICH?