Images
    Country
    Singapore

Frog Room

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Decided to turn one of my guest rooms into a frog room. Here's a sneak peek at what's in store.

Still have lots of adjustments to be done to the room. Anyway, the temperature for this room is at an average of 16.8degrees at night and hovers around 24degrees during the day. Just nice also for my highland pitchers.

Regards,
    Phillipe.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Would really look forward for the vivarium course now...

1. My prime question...How do you do filtration for those tanks?
    Check out Wynx' Blog
    Check out Wynx' Gallery
    When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.
    Dale Carnegie
    "Who cannot love Her smallest things cannot stand in front of Nature" 隆あまの 

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    How on earth do you keep the temperature that low? And those setups look incredible! Don't suppose you also breed greenbacks in there...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    I can imagine the guest in the room will have trouble sleeping if they start croaking... just kidding.

What's in the small tank in the middle? It looks really small to hold a froggie.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wynx Would really look forward for the vivarium course now...

1. My prime question...How do you do filtration for those tanks?
    Only 2 of the tanks are equipped with filters. They're on the smallest Eheim internal pump model, can't recall the model no though. It's just basically activated carbon wool around the filter. As for the others, they're mainly terrariums, still have yet to bring over my paludarium to this room.

XnSdVd How on earth do you keep the temperature that low? And those setups look incredible! Don't suppose you also breed greenbacks in there...
    You know, the entire house is like an igloo!! I just left the aircon running at 24-26 degrees but of course on certain days, the temperature in this room averages at around 22.4 degrees. Wish i had some male Greenbacks, but no it's just a lone female residing in one of the "bungalows"

Quixotic I can imagine the guest in the room will have trouble sleeping if they start croaking... just kidding.

What's in the small tank in the middle? It looks really small to hold a froggie.
    Hmmm,.. just like a reincarnation of sleeping in the jungle? haha The tank in the middle is a "grow-out" tank for small froglets.

Pondering on the colour scheme of the room now. Should i go with soft coco colours or apple greens or....?

Regards,
    Phillipe.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    First time I have heard of a frog room! Would sure like to see the shot of the whole room when it's done.

I'm totally not into the frogs and other critters but I would love to see all those plants inside.
    Click here to help me make my Fish Room Project a reality!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Ginger View Post
    You know, the entire house is like an igloo!! I just left the aircon running at 24-26 degrees but of course on certain days, the temperature in this room averages at around 22.4 degrees. Wish i had some male Greenbacks, but no it's just a lone female residing in one of the "bungalows"
    Gah! i just released my male greenback about a month back when he started croaking(mating call)! He might've been happy with your female.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Well, well... I would love to spend an entire day in the room! With windbreaker too! Time to visit you again when you are free and I have the car done up...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    can i go can i go can i go can i go can i go? wee!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Frog Room Developement Updates.

Here are some quick snapshots of the room in the beautiful rays of the midday sun.

Hope you guys could bring forward any suggestions.

Regards,
    Phillipe.
    Last edited by Wild Ginger; 13th Dec 2006 at 22:29.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Philipe.. wait for me to come back.. got new mosses for ya.. think they will be happy there with that temperature.. it'll be perfect..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    only two words can describe this tanks breathe- taking.........
    Last edited by Wild Ginger; 14th Dec 2006 at 07:24.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow... really cool (pun not intended!) set ups. I like the idea of inverting the 2 ft tank to get a high tank... maintenance should be a breeze this way instead of top down.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks guys, yea pretty much the maintenance for these tanks are actually ZILCH meaning ZERO. It runs by itself and only the occasional water top-ups and a little of water changes here and there. Mistings are done periodically so it isn't much of a hassle.

Recently added 2 new additions to the vivariums. One's a paludarium whilst the other a full terrarium. Hope to post some pictures for ya guys over the weekend.

Regards,
    Phillipe.
    Last edited by Justikanz; 22nd Dec 2006 at 09:53. Reason: Removing immediate quotation

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Ginger View Post
    the temperature for this room is at an average of 16.8degrees at night and hovers around 24degrees during the day.
    Woah! Wouldn't there be perpetual condensation on your windows? I can't imagine the electricity bill.

Anyway, really nice set up.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Woah! Wouldn't there be perpetual condensation on your windows? I can't imagine the electricity bill.

Anyway, really nice set up.

Cheers,
    Actually ever since the rainy season began, the windows are constantly fogged up by condensation, gives me a feeling i'm back in Belgium.. which means a damn good time for my orchids and frogs alike. They just start croaking and croaking every single night!! Looks like another batch of offsprings on the way i guess.

As for the bills, hmmm how should i put this. .. the last time i actually saw the bill was a few years ago? haha and it was quite a price for maintaining my mosses, slipper orchids and some highland nepenthes!!!

Regards,
    Phillipe.