Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Establishment Of Singapore Polytechnic Aquaculture Unit

Establishment Of Singapore Polytechnic Aquaculture Unit

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    To all Current Student from Singapore Polytechnic,

We are currently rallying students to join the proposed aquatic conservation society. The purpose of this proposal is to allow like minded people to get involved in the breeding and research project of freshwater aquatic flora and faunas ranging from Anabantoids , Characins , Cyprinids , Cichlids ,Catfishes N Invertebrates .

We have gathered the support of prominent aquascaping company, Green Chapter Aquaria Design and Trading.
    For the past years this company has build up a reputation unrivelled and are still going strong. They have been undertaking painstaking and challenging projects creating aquarium and terrarium
    which bear the resemblance of its natural biotopes.

The company might conduct workshops in the institution hence sharing their wonderful knowledge and experiences accumulated throughout the years

Members might be treated with opportunities to venture into the mysterious Southeast Asian jungle to explore forest streams and conduct researches on rare aquatic flora and faunas.

This club will have whole lots of exciting events.

Etc....

Please disseminate this proposed CCA to all those people within campus.

I would like to gather your support.

Any interested student please kindly drop me an email or pm.
    [email protected]
    Pls leave your Name, contact no and school.

Thanks
    Gabriel
    Last edited by InTegrationObsession; 25th Nov 2006 at 00:42.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by InTegrationObsession View Post
    To all Current Student from Singapore Polytechnic,

[COLOR=black]We are currently rallying students to join the proposed aquatic conservation society. The purpose of this proposal is to allow like minded people to get involved in the breeding and research project of exotic freshwater aquatic flora and faunas ranging from...
    I am not from SP. But I am abit curious about the aims of the society, how does the society decides if any particular flora/fauna is exotic or not?

Somehow, I don't feel that exotic and conservation would go nicely hand in hand.
    - eric

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i agree... conservation in the case of the local biotope involves many of the "common longkang" fish. Which sadly, don't even exist in the longkangs anymore.

However, as a fellow poly student(Republic), i'd like to congratulate you guys on it =)

any queries FROM CURRENT SP STUDENT pls feel to ask me or add me in the msn @ [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by InTegrationObsession View Post
    any queries FROM CURRENT SP STUDENT pls feel to ask me or add me in the msn @ [email protected]

well i suppose that emphasises again the target audience here lol..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi IntegrationObsession,
    First, I would like to say I'm very happy SP has such a society but there are a few points which puzzles me. The use of the word 'might' here is very misleading, so will you? or won't you? It would be better to just state the objectives and directions of the society.
    You lost me here also because I've never come across the words 'unrivelled' and 'terrium'. The phrase 'still going strong' also feels quite weird here. Anyway, a leader who recruits and lead always knows what he's talking about and where he's taking the pack.
    I'm not here to spoil your weekend but if you can take this constructive criticism at face value, I'm confident your recruitment drive uptake would go relative well.
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hmm.. yes, proper english is essential in the study of fish and their ecosystems i find. Either way, good luck =)

Dear all, i appreciate your well-wishes and reply 2 my post. hope it can be an all SP affair, i thought language errors are secondary but i will still take it positively
    Last edited by InTegrationObsession; 25th Nov 2006 at 00:39.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks, Gabriel and shannon. I might have been a bit harsh there but aquatic conservation is a very serious issue, an issue that requires passion, drive and knowledge. I have always been an advocate of educating the young but the foundation must be correct.
    The world outside will suffer no fools as both of you will soon find out, all the better to start early. I wish you all the best in your recruitment, Gabriel and good luck.
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hey best of luck!!
    hope you guys will be strive on

Establishment Of Singapore Polytechnic Aquaculture Unit

Guys it has been renamed as Singapore Polytechnic Aquaculture Unit in short ACU or SPA-CU

We would glad to include guppy, show betta and CRS hobbyist from sp to be part of this family

For more information you can approach [email protected] (Yusheng) or myself.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    This is indeed, a very promising organisation.
    All the best!
    Cheers!

Ivan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    May i know what is the objective of this unit?
    Aquatic Dreams
    Custom Made Aquarium Tanks, Cabinets & Stands

Contact Us: [email protected]
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/aquaticdreamsg/

Cultivate interest within singapore polytechnic
    Afterall, most people had experiences with fishes @ least once in their lifetime.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    its young to start a hobby from young.

you get to learn more especially when you are more free..

once you graduate, you will yourself having lesser and lesser time.

so treasure your youth, once again, good luck for your CCA
    Polyart website: http://www.polyartaquarium.com.sg

Wassup @ Polyart http://polyartaquarium.blogspot.com : The latest lifestock and more avail at Polyart

Would like to thanks Aquariums for expressing their interests and supports for this UNIT.

Official Formation Of Spacu

To all current members,Ex-SP student and forumers,

The top management has unprecedently expedite our unit formation. With effect from the 1ST APRIL 2007 our club"(AQUACULTURE UNIT or SPACU) will officially be in the list of CLUBS in Singapore Polytechnic.

On top of this news, AC111 Aquaculture Centre has also been cleared for our usage. Besides AC111 we will be given another room, the management has decided to renovate and enlarge the room for our cause.

With gratitude,I would like to thanks all the forumers and ex-sp students for showing your continuous support for our cause.

rgds

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Why is there no such clubs when i was in SP 10 yrs ago???

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    8yrs back when i'm in SP also no have such club. Envy student nowadays, haha.... Maybe during my time in SP, equipments for planted tanks are very $$$XXXX.... haha.....

You guys can still help out by contributing stuff to the club inventories
    we will definitely appreciate your contribution de!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast