Images
    Country
    Singapore

pics 2 share

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here

Those are the Egg of the trifasciata, i put 3 females and 2 male inside a two feet breeding tank. THose eggs are fertilise,how comfirm can i be?

Here's the proof!

Eggs that have fangus and all will be gone.

Red Mamore Fry look at how the female guards her area.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Becareful of the female that would eat away the frys
    Mine was eated

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Mine eaten quite a few times already i got 3 females mamore in there i just need one of them to raise the fry up to adult stage and i'll do the rest for them.

THe tank wasn't really matured yet i suppose thats why i had the fry being eaten. Not enough coverage and too much open space.

For now i guess it'll be allrite. lets hope and see. They are growing at an alarming rate hmm..quite surpise.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Next time i will net up the frys,and raise the frys in another tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think the frys were dying when the female ate them, happens to mine, and the surviving ones were healthy.. except till i net them out.. now only left with 1

Feedback Score
    At least still got 1 left
    Mine pandurini frys without their parent,are growing big and healthy[] the rest like the cacatu,mamore all gone

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    oh so nice

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It really depend when u take the fry or eggs away from the parents i like to remove the fry rather then the eggs.

When the fry becomes free swimming it's a whole new issue, much easier to take care of iMHO.

A safe time to remove the fry from the parents or should i say removing the parents from the fry will be at lease 1wk 9 -10 days will be a very safe time for removal.

i've yet to learn from all of you apisto people how to take care of eggs and fry if taken out day 1.

I've no success so far either the lavae doesn't reach free swimming or they never hatch.

i suspect water condition should be spotless clean then it'll be easier for the fry or eggs to develop.

so any info from all the apisto breeders out there?
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the parents actually keep the eggs clean from fungus and other parasites as the mother constantly gives her full attention to the developing eggs. if there is a need to seperate the eggs away from the parents and hatch them artificially it is possible to reduce or minimize the mortality rate. remove the particular object that has the eggs attached to it and using a bowl or pail that's already dipped into the spawning tank, place the object gently in the bowl or pail. ensure that the eggs are never exposed to the air and that the egg-rearing tank's water quality should be roughly the same as that of the spawning tank. a jump in pH or different water qualities may cause the eggs to not hatch due to shock. once the object with eggs is safely placed in the rearing tank, place an airstone near to the eggs to ensure proper aeration to the developing eggs. the currents produced by the airstone's bubbling will provide enough oxygen to the developing fry. to prevent eggs from getting fungus, add a few drops of methylene blue from a good brand like Interpet. add just enough methylene blue to tint the water to a slight bluish tint (not dark blue). the methylene blue prevents fungus from attacking the eggs. once u've done all that, ensure that the tank is warm. temperature plays a part in sex ratio i think and a constant temperature is needed to allow the embryos to develop. give them roughly 3 days or lesser and the eggs will hopefully hatch a number of fry. it worked for me in the past when i had angelfish breeding and this stuff has been said before in several magazines. hopefully it works for u guys. []
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for the input.

Anyway even if the eggs are expose to air they'll still hatch. I've tried putting the new eggs in clean tap water and they still do hatch.

The problem is with the dirt which will cause the water to turn bad unless u clean the media that the egg have being laid perfectly clean if not it's very difficult.

Hawk i suggest u try it with apisto it's not as simple as said.
    Cheers!

Benetay