Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: X'moss Vs Java Moss

Feedback Score

X'moss Vs Java Moss

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Wat is the different between X'moss Vs Java Moss? I bought some moss lately at NA....But i'm not sure if it's x'moss? I bought it for $10 4 one row.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Xmas moss []

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    they placed it on the white styrofoam right//?
    i bought only a hnadful..still figuring out how to grow until now... Are they low light moss? Saw his small tank at the cashier counter...is dat xmas moss too? HOw come grow so thick...?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 8/1/2002 9:39:29 PM

they placed it on the white styrofoam right//?
    i bought only a hnadful..still figuring out how to grow until now... Are they low light moss? Saw his small tank at the cashier counter...is dat xmas moss too? HOw come grow so thick...?
    ----------------
    if u got those from the styrofoam.. then it must be Xmas moss.
    ya.. that 1.5ft tank at the cashier is Xmas moss. for Xmass moss to grow well or thick.. I guess that both strong light and low temp.. play an important part.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys ! i think i got the rite one......But wat i saw fr X-Gen is a little different of wat i saw at NA.....perhaps i never really pay much attention to it.....[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    GenX grows their Xmas moss submersed at the back of the shop (I think NA got it from Ah Pek because of the styrofoam). I think NA's version is emersed, I've seen Ah Pek's moss growing on the styrofoam board outside in the cement tank, out of the water.

I bought my xmas moss from GenX and tie them onto wire mesh. I think it is much easier to grow in this form. If you have cold water and good CO2 (I think strong light is not needed for moss) you're OK. Mine grew into a half-inch thick mat in the office where there is aircon and DIY CO2.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica