Country
    Oman

Anemone refuse to eat

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi All,

Just got an anemone from hong leong 3 days ago. Yesterday try feeding it with a small pc of market prawn but it refuse to eat. Any tips on how to encourage yr anemone to eat?

Should I get a bottle of those coralife invertabate food and feed using a springe?

http://arofanatics.com/members/tigge...rinetank-1802/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Can anyone identify this anemone for me pls. Wat clowns goes with this. My common clown doesnt seems to like it!

Hie,

You might want to try positioning your anemone higher up in the rockwork - I find that mine semms very comfortable sitting at the topmost zone and getting a whole lot of very bright light.

Good luck!

Regards,
    Hong Yee

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Can anyone identify this anemone for me pls. Wat clowns goes with this. My common clown doesnt seems to like it!
    ----------------
    firstly, just for your info.. common clowns aka false clowns.. and they usually dun go to any anemones.. u can try tomato or sabae.. they are very friendly..sabae that is.... from the pic, it is very diff to id the anemone.. but based on the shape of the tenacles.. it should belong to the bubble tip species.. but i'm not too sure..
    []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Can anyone suggest way to feed this anemone

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    defroze the brine shrimps, use a syringe to suck up the brine shrimps and squirt it near the mouth..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    ----------------
    On 8/2/2002 9:29:51 PM

Hie,

You might want to try positioning your anemone higher up in the rockwork - I find that mine semms very comfortable sitting at the topmost zone and getting a whole lot of very bright light.

Good luck!

Regards,
    Hong Yee
    ----------------

Tried that yesterday but it move back to its original position. Just leave it alone for the tiem being

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    chances are.. it is the position that the anemone feels at home at that spot.. dun move it anymore.. u will stress it..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    ----------------
    On 8/3/2002 1:04:36 PM

defroze the brine shrimps, use a syringe to suck up the brine shrimps and squirt it near the mouth..
    ----------------

Squeeze into the mouth or near the mouth. use mysis or brine shrimp?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Squeeze into the mouth or near the mouth. use mysis or brine shrimp?
    [b]squirt it using the syringe.. not squeeze it.. u can just squirt it onto the tenacles.. use brine shrimps.. it it still refuse to eat.. monitor whether is it the water parameters.. if everything is still ok.. chances are, it is bye bye for the anemone..[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Wat water parameter u talking abt?

My water parameter
    Temp 30C
    NH4 0ppm
    NO2 0ppm
    NO3 5-10ppm
    Only have the abt test kit

No Test kit for O2,CO2, Phophate, Ca......

Seems ok rite?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    your water parameters are fine.. perhaps u can redirect the current towards them??? and maybe squirt some brine shrimps towards the outflow so that let it catch the brine shrimps by itself.. these are some of the methods that i used to feed my anemone