Images
    Country
    Singapore

How to set up a vivarium?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi guys. i am keen on converting my one feet tank into a vivarium? may i know what stuff should i get? like gravel,plants,etc. and where do i buy the frog from? Thanks!

DANIEL

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The White's Tree Frog can be bought from Eco Culture, Qian Hu etc... But I don't really think a 1ft tank is suitable for them. They might be more comfortable in at least a 1.5ft tank.

All the stuff you have in your aquarium can be used to make a vivarium. The gravel, wood, lighting etc... Even the plants! Just make sure that they undergo the transformation to emersed state first!...

You can go Eco Culture to get some of the terrestrial plants that you might want to add to the set up. I think they sell emersed mosses too. NA also sells emersed moss. For other plants, a trip to the farms, or even just downstairs from your flat, sometimes can give you a lot of ideas. Just watch out for pesticides and remember to let the plants root and settle before adding the frog!

Have fun and show us the result!
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hmmm...okok. how much is the frog ah? then if 1ft tank can put what leh>??
    Last edited by Justikanz; 1st Dec 2006 at 09:23.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Saw the frog for sale in Y618 at $2x each 2weeks ago
    Last edited by Justikanz; 1st Dec 2006 at 09:23.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Try not to reveal full price publicly. Some shops really do not like that.

Cakchew, try to get at least a 1.5ft tank. The White's grow to palm size and the bigger the tank, the better.

You can check AVA's website for the kind of animals you can keep as pets in Singapore.

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    icic....other than frogs. still can keep what leh???????
    Last edited by Justikanz; 1st Dec 2006 at 16:44. Reason: 'wat' is not a word

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Please refer to my last sentence in my last reply (post#5). Thank you.