Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Aquarium Lightings "On" "Off" causing f

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I was wondering what was the behaviour of the fishes of you guys own when you "On" "Off" the aquarium lightings during the day and night. For mine, the fishes seems to be a bit scare due to the sudden brightness or darkness. Is it good for the fishes cause i really do not want to stress them. Any suggestions or ideas you guys have to reduce the shock to the fishes? Like to hear how the fishes you guys own react as well. Thanks! Cheers...happy fish keeping
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i normally switch on the room's lights about 5 to 10 mins before the tanks' lights (controlled by individual timers) come on.

this way, the tanks will not be lighted from "total darkness".
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Lights turn on at 8am. Room will be quite bright by then and fish are already awake and swimming actively. No sign of frightened fish. Off at 5, no problem also..

maybe this would sound callous but I think you don't really have to worry too much about your fish. yes they'll be jumpy when lights suddenly on or off, but after a short while they'll be back to normal so no need to worry! no need to pamper your fish so much lah, they can get used to it. mine all jump alittle always but after that ok. and no deaths due to that at all.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    H.hippo is right. They'll be fine.

However, this is what I did. I have 2 sets of lights. Using to timers, I switched them set by set. I did this cos I like the morning/evening effect.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]