Thread: coral stung by anemone

Feedback Score

coral stung by anemone

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hello,

One of my finger coral (dun know if this is the right name, anyway it looks very much like a human palm) was stung by a anemone. The particular finger now looks crumbled as compared to the others of the same branch.

Should I leave it alone or should I amputate the finger ?

Any advice please.

Lim

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    One of my finger coral (dun know if this is the right name, anyway it looks very much like a human palm) was stung by a anemone. The particular finger now looks crumbled as compared to the others of the same branch.

Should I leave it alone or should I amputate the finger ?
    Lim

----------------
    what is the condition of the finger right now?? is it flaking off??? if so, u might want to amputate the finger, use a razor blade and slice it off in one stroke.. DO NOT SAW
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Hi,

"Ka-cha" the damaged finger already. Still looks good. Anything I should do to wounds ? Like bandage, kekeke.

thanks for advice.

Lim.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    monitor the parent especially the injured part.. it should recover by itself.. no worries.[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    How much is this 'finger coral'? Easy to keep anot? Any special requirment?

If you have iodine supplements, increase application a little, since iodine may help in its recovery. Also try to keep water parameters good, to prevent infection. Good luck!

Regards,
    Hong Yee

Feedback Score
    Hi Tigger,

Not too difficult though. I believe it's somehow related to leather coral. It's just my anemone, klkk. So gotta be alert to shift my "finger coral" too. Guess it will not last too long as my biz trip is coming up.

Lim.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    and preferably with cooler water temp.. coz they do well in such temp.. ard < 28 degrees celcius..