Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: green water problem

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I thought the water cannot get anymore clearer last night. Tonight the water is even more clear, don't know how to describe. The plants are bubbling like mad that I've not seen before.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    the plants are bubbling cos of the light which was blocked out by the green water
    think you should start fertilising soon

Weileong,
    What brand is your UV? I thought I had gotten a good price for my 9W UV (made in Finland) @$130.

Seems like Petmart is cheaper, more worth it to get 11W UV @$140

----------------
    On 1/8/2002 10:37:04 PM

the plants are bubbling cos of the light which was blocked out by the green water
    think you should start fertilising soon
    ----------------
    DEA,

I guess you are right. Could another reason be that the green water was absorbing nutrients faster than the plants could and now with the green water gone the plants have no more competition from the green water hence they are bubbling.

I will start adding the tropical mastergrow somewhere this week, got to go and buy. Meanwhile NO3 tested to be 12.5ppm, don't need to add anymore right? I've added the Horti tablets too.

----------------
    On 1/9/2002 2:12:18 AM

Weileong,
    What brand is your UV? I thought I had gotten a good price for my 9W UV (made in Finland) @$130.

Seems like Petmart is cheaper, more worth it to get 11W UV @$140
    ----------------
    Mine is made in Holland, model is UVC-2.000 Petmart was sort of having sales for the UVC. The 9w and 11w selling at same price. I think the difference is just in the PL only, not too sure about it maybe it is longer so you can just swap in a higher rating one. You are running 3 ft right and your filter is 400L/hr? so 9w is still overkill?

Weileong,
    You must have gotten the model wrong. Mine is UVC 7.000, for 7000l pond, 9W, 3000l/hr. If your UV is 11W, it should be UVC 10,000, for 10000l pond.

Anyhow, the UV is not for my tank, but my 200l betta barracks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    weileaong, good to hear that your tank has clear up so fast ... really quite a wonder that UV can be so powerful
    -Paw here-

Vican.

Confirm correct UVC2.000 it is written on the box.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123