Country
    Singapore

How to plant ET?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hihi...

how do I plant ET or other creeping plant? Do I cut it into section with a bit root and plant it to the soil with tweezer OR do I plant the whole string to the soil, which is a bit tedious?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You can cut a long strand into shorter segments comprising 2-3 nodes and use a tweezer to plant them apart in the substrate. They grow very fast so spread out your plantings.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by alex76 View Post
    Do I cut it into section with a bit root and plant it to the soil with tweezer OR do I plant the whole string to the soil, which is a bit tedious?Thanks
    I prefer to cut into single node that has roots and plant it in. It is much eaier to plant single node than multi-nodes or whole string of them. Pre-cut them onto a plate before planting, it is more efficient.

You can space them about 2 cm apart. Leave about 3 cm blank around the glass perimeter to ensure that the plant grow dense first before going to the glass.
    Last edited by FC; 5th Dec 2006 at 00:35.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by FC View Post
    I prefer to cut into single node that has roots and plant it in. It is much eaier to plant single node than multi-nodes or whole string of them. Pre-cut them onto a plate before planting, it is more efficient.

You can space them about 2 cm apart. Leave about 3 cm blank around the glass perimeter to ensure that the plant grow dense first before going to the glass.
    that's what I did, but the plant very fragile, it snap off easily

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Alex,

You can do that with a proper pair of scissors (small and sharp), Tweezers and lots of patience .