Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Plakat's weird behaviour

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Last month a friend of mine gave me a male plakat and I kept it in a basin with some plants. The lad is a joy to watch because whenever I get near the basin, he will come out of the plants and greet me. Then seeing bubbles floating on the water surface, I presumed he needed a female companion. So I went to get 2 females and released them into the basin.
    To my dismay, instead of playing Romeo, he was so frightened by the females and kept running away from them. The females were interested in him and in turn pursued him.
    After a few minutes, I took the females away fearing my fish may die of exhaustion and stress. Can any betta expert explain this puzzling incident?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    being ready to spawn is not the only reason why a betta blows bubbles, lah.[:]

sometimes the male is just happy and contented, so you'll see lots of bubbles on the surface of the water.

probably your male betta just wants to be single & available, for now.[]

luckly you're observing them, cos just throwing the females in like that, could have caused some disaster![:0]
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Moved to fishkeeping section..Bettas are not cichlids, they are labyrinth fish! You will get more replies here...
    Mez
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wa say you nearly killed at least 200 lives with that action.

what if your plakat spawn? you prepared to take care of all the fries? 200 jars in your house?
    your females might have been killed too.

betta live happy alone and a mirror would suffice.