Images
    Country
    Singapore

ranma's funky tetra from Japan

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    brought back from Japan by Ranma, any idea what species? this is a young specimen, only 2cm TL (total length) at most.

Last edited by Justikanz; 20th Dec 2006 at 12:24.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Choy.. the pic a bit blur leh.. bet this guy must have been a dread to shoot...

Anyway.. i am not sure about this but i think these guys or the males at least have a much longer dorsal fin.. something like a little trail that comes out.. i have one big male in my tank right now flaring.. really quite nice.

Also.. if you look closely.. i think they have 2 sets of pelvic fins instead of the regular 1.

in japan, they called this the bell finned tetra...but i cant find anything with the english typing in google... think i need to use jeepun liao.

check out these tetras..both of which i think i brought back for you and you shot...
    4th and 5th from the end up.

Also..i think the tank has a mix of tetras.. the one you shot may be the one that is 2nd from the end up...whereas i have a mix of both 2nd and 5th in my tank.
    http://www.geocities.jp/zakkycharacin/bstype.html
    Last edited by ranmasatome; 17th Dec 2006 at 16:06.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    this picture the head is out because it flex the body. but the fin flare is good. a few other picture is more in focus. yah this fish is very small, this is the smaller one of the two you pass me.

got fish with two sets of ventral one meh?
    Last edited by Justikanz; 20th Dec 2006 at 12:25.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    think so leh.. at least i recall... i dont know when i'll be back and if the fishes will survive..but come scoop again when i'm back... think HH also wants the Hisonotus ya?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yah he seem very desparate.