Images
    Country
    Singapore

Fish for planted tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Is there any infomation on suitable/good fish for planted tanks?

I have a 2.5 tank with CO2 with rasbora, golden barb, shrimp. Looking at getting some new fish.

-S
    Last edited by Justikanz; 26th Dec 2006 at 11:38.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    A very general question. What type of plants do you intend to use? Some fish like to chew on more delicate or small leaf plants. Some catfish and loach like to dig. Some Cichlids love to renovate the tank. Usually small tetras, rasboras,danios and barbs are safe with most plants. If you are looking for bottom feeders, corydoras and kuhli loach are pretty safe.

Name your weapon of choice

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    What plants do you want to or are you keeping now?

What types of fish do you want to keep?

The above 2 questions can help in your search for the best fish in your planted tank.

Else, there are a lot of fish suitable for the planted tanks... Too many to list...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    try to resist the urge to add as many type of fishes and colours as you can. planted tanks look best with a school of dominant fish (based on their colours that compliments the plants and lighting) and small numbers of other fishes (top and bottom dwellers).
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica