Images
    Country
    Singapore

My turn...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Wow... Read all 14 pages!... My turn?...

Name's Thomas, realised that I may sound arrogant and irritating online... But trust me... I am just a humble simple guy... Just trying to help and get help... Actually I am very quiet in real person...

And much to popular believe due to my avatar, I am NOT a teenager, as much as I wish so... Currently working as a research engineer...

I started keeping fish when I was 18... and its all because of the pretty guppies swimming in a tank in Redhill Market... I used to stay at Lengkok Bahru, where Simon is staying now... At my peak, I help to maintain more than 10 tanks... Now I have 7... including a terrarium, a vivarium and a paludarium... I started planting seriously only about 3 years ago with buying a CO2 cylinder... And only started cooling tank water about 2 years ago!

Now I am crazy about shrimps! Oh... and Newts too...

I love cats too... quite a wierd combi eh?... Recently sponsored 2 cats from the Metta Cattery...

Should I ramble on and on? Nah... No one will be interested... You can read my blog for more info on my aquatic jouney...

Cheers!
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Update:

I am in my early 30s and now working in a University, serving as a slave...

Over the past year, I had grown crazy and more madly in love with this hobby. Thanks to AQ, now I have 4 planted tanks (still trying to scape the 4th one), 2 vivariums, 1 paludarium (going to rescape soon), 2 terrariums and 1 dry terrarium. I am venturing away from just fish (hence the nick) and now starting to develop an interest in vivariums and the likes. Very interested in keeping aquatic plants emersed and thinking of getting an outdoor tank just to be able to keep them well... Learning a lot from Wild Ginger now...

Besides aquatic plants, I am also trying to learn about orchids now... Nothing (well, ALMOST nothing) beats the joy of seeing your orchirds bloom... especialy if they are in a vivarium! And I want to experience that joy!

Gave up on shrimps... Especially CRS... They are just too difficult for me! Hee...

And I had almost forgotten about my cats!... Time to visit them and to send $$$ liao...

And I think I had neglected my blog for FAR too long... Maybe and hopefully, I will have the energy to post stuff on my blog regularly next year!...

Since we are at the end of the year... Have a Happy New Year, folks!

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Good to have you as part of our team, Justikanz!!

By the way, what's Metta Cattery? Pardon my ignorance, but it sounds as if it's a place where they can cat meat.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It is a small cat adoption place run totally on the strings of volunteers and the founder... A very dedicated founder....

No funds from SPCA or what not big animal welfare groups... No putting down of animals even if they no longer have space unlike SPCA or other so called animal loving adoption groups...
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Interesting. Perhaps we can go visit when we go on one of our outings!

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Metta is a Pali word... Something along the line of compassion. No canning of cat meat there!!

It is right at the Pasir Ris fish farm areas... But arrangement needs to be made for visits as the lady-in-charge and the volunteers can only be there on weekends and not the whole day too. The website is www.mettacats.org/, for those who are interested.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    i went there.. wa... takes a while to get used to the number of cats yearning for your attention.. i did really take a liking to one though..