Country
    Singapore

Smile Hi to everyone

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

I'm Bhargav and accidentally stumbled upon this forum while I was searching for useful information about planted tanks.

I live in Bedok South and I've a one 3ft planted tank. I started my aquarium hobby in 2003 when in the beautiful city of Bangalore,India. Since then I've learnt a lot in maintaining an aquarium and still learning.

My other hobbies, well I like watching movies, sports (cricket I love this game) and traveling.

I hope to meet some of the experts here to learn more about maintaining aquarium.

Regards
    Bhargavan Sundaram

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Bhargav,

Welcome to Singapore and welcome to AQ!!!

So your hobby followed you from Bangalore to Singapore!! Good to hear that! It would be great if you could share with us what the aquatic scene is like in Bangalore. Especially in terms of trends, shops (LFS) and selection.

Anyway, plenty of friendly folks here to help you to get the best value in this hobby, not to mention frequent informal outings as well.

Enjoy your stay here.

Cheers,
    Last edited by benny; 24th Dec 2006 at 09:56.
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    It would be great if you could share with us what the aquatic scene is like in Bangalore. Especially in terms of trends, shops (LFS) and selection.
    Thanks Benny. The scene is pretty good in Bangalore. There is a group where we share our knowledge. There are some great shops in Bangalore and you can also place order for specific products,fish stock or Flora. There are some die hard people there who have spent many years in aquarium maintenance.

Anyway, its nice to be here in S'pore.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I vaguely recall an Indian online aquatic community, but for the life of me, I can't recall the URL.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    are there any good shops in Bangalore selling local fishes?

I vaguely recall an Indian online aquatic community, but for the life of me, I can't recall the URL.

Cheers,
    you mean http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yes, there are many

Cheers,
    Benny,

One of the group is called Aquarist Society of Karnataka. The other most popular website is IAH (Indian Aquarium Hobbyist).

There are good shops in Bangalore. Wholesalers in Chennai, Mumbai,Calcutta and Cochin.If you want any native fish, you can go ahead and fish your self or ask the LFS guy (I should admit there are only very few LFS people who know what they are selling).

Ciao
    Bhargav

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    can you tell me where the good shops are in Bangalore? I will actually have the exporter's Bangalore people send me fish (when I go to Bangalore) but I'd like to see what surprises comes up at the shops. I'm planning to go there in early Jan.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Not aware of

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy View Post
    can you tell me where the good shops are in Bangalore?
    As far as I know, there are no exporters in B'lore. There are some in Chennai,Calcutta, Cochin (not sure if they are first importing from far east).
    I'll send you the list of good shops in B'lore. Bangalore is a very nice place to be in January.

You should also meet Mr.Rajendra Kumar and others at the Govt.aquarium there. If you happen to be there on a sunday, there will be a meeting of enthusiastic aquarist at the Govt.Aquarium complex.

List of shops (Some of them):
    Matsyavatar, contact person Rajaram, Shrungar Shopping centre, M G Road
    Nalanda, contact person Pramod / Sanjeev, Jayanagar (Near Nanda theatre)
    Zooland International, contact person Sadat, Poultry market, Shivajinagar

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by bhargavs View Post
    As far as I know, there are no exporters in B'lore. There are some in Chennai,Calcutta, Cochin (not sure if they are first importing from far east).
    I'll send you the list of good shops in B'lore. Bangalore is a very nice place to be in January.

You should also meet Mr.Rajendra Kumar and others at the Govt.aquarium there. If you happen to be there on a sunday, there will be a meeting of enthusiastic aquarist at the Govt.Aquarium complex.

List of shops (Some of them):
    Matsyavatar, contact person Rajaram, Shrungar Shopping centre, M G Road
    Nalanda, contact person Pramod / Sanjeev, Jayanagar (Near Nanda theatre)
    Zooland International, contact person Sadat, Poultry market, Shivajinagar
    I will try to check out the shops, time permitting. I have been to Bangalore twice and even to Coorg, but never over a weekend.

I meant that there are collectors working for exporters who sends me fishes when I am there. Unfortunately sometimes they bring me fishes too big to hand carry back!