Country
    Singapore

Siem Reap - Ang Kor Wat

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Spend four days in Cambodia 3weeks ago.

Here are some pictures to share. Got to wake up as early as 3.30 to shoot monks going for their morning prayers and to wait for sun rise! It's breathtaking when you see so so many people waiting and waiting for the first ray. Okay enough talking.

Some pictures.

Sunset which was unintentionally shot. Went there too late so shoot whatever was left.

Sunrise

Sunrise

Sunrise

Lotus taken with 100mm macro and 2 guys holding onto flashes while i shoot this . i think it's too central for my liking but well it was a group effort! How i use fish photography knowledge on this shot. Now i realize how many people have never seen a ST-E2.

My Gf shot this sunrise. Which i find it's much better then mine...
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    3.30 am is really early!! Dedicated photogapher obviously!

Looks like a great vacation for you.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Somewhere on a tiny Island call Sillypore
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Beautiful pictures of dawn.
    Eugene (^_^)
    De Dwergcichlide Fanatiek
    Now swimming: Plecos and Apistogrammas

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It was an eye opener to see how dedicated and obsession draws the line. Its sane to wake up so early and sleep so late. barely 3hrs a day. morning shoot sunrise at night shoot sunset. midnight shoot stars.

Nevertheless patience was needed.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Shoot stars? You brought a tripod?
    Your stars shooting is the constellations or deep sky objects?

I salute you for lugging two flashes on your travels... Really a dedicated photographer...
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes i'm using the tripod i show you the other time, don't need to weight down or whatever because it was hot and humid over there. Totally no breeze. I shoot star trail, just try since the sky was so open. I tried stacking 5 x 30s and the result was so so. i can't shoot any deep sky like the orion nebula. i need Benny's 2 x convertor and a 500mm lens to reach it.

I show you the M45 cluster using a WA when i was at cameroon highlands 2 weeks back.
    Last edited by benetay; 1st Jan 2007 at 08:47.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    why u used a 100mm to shoot the lily??? and I don't think 2 flash will make any different in such situation (when subject is too far away)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    !!! 0330hrs to shoot monks??! 2 flashes!?? +Tripod!? You sure are dedicated to your hobby.
    More pics! More pics!

BTW, your gf shot was in sRGB while yours is in RGB. You might wanna consider converting to sRGB for online viewing cos RGB looks duller in web browers. Also, P&S cameras does saturation and sharpening before saving it as JPEG. So you might also wanna bum up your saturation a tad if you are shooting in RAW.

ck

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benetay View Post
    I show you the M45 cluster using a WA when i was at cameroon highlands 2 weeks back.
    Weewee... Got another astro-photographer... Maybe can meet up and go out for some star-trail shots... You done any in Singapore? Maybe can show the shot for your Pleiades (M45) here? You stacked the photos for the cluster too?

Don't think can shoot the Orion's nebula even with a 500mm and 2x converter... The amount of light is too dim, so need to open up the shutter for longer time... Need gyro already...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    why u used a 100mm to shoot the lily??? and I don't think 2 flash will make any different in such situation (when subject is too far away)
    Subject was only approximately 60cm away it wasn't that far, i shot with one flash bounce but the under part/certain areas has very bad shadows. I'm just trying out and i pretty like the exposure thou i think maybe it wasn't necessary.

Weewee... Got another astro-photographer... Maybe can meet up and go out for some star-trail shots... You done any in Singapore? Maybe can show the shot for your Pleiades (M45) here? You stacked the photos for the cluster too?

Don't think can shoot the Orion's nebula even with a 500mm and 2x converter... The amount of light is too dim, so need to open up the shutter for longer time... Need gyro already...
    Yes i've done some in Singapore normally around LCK area. The hotspot for astro-photographers is LCK lane 1A where Orion is just above the head. Gemini on the left. I went to see the Geminids the other time but didn't see any as it was really covered in clouds.

I only stack 2 x 8s picture i think for the M45. I didn't know that Company Subaru used the M45 as their logo. Something interesting that i've found out.

!! 0330hrs to shoot monks??! 2 flashes!?? +Tripod!? You sure are dedicated to your hobby.
    More pics! More pics!
    I don't have a very fast pc. Running on 256mb of ram which is pretty slow so when i'm free i use my gf's dual core 1G of ram to do some photo editing. So please pardon me for the slowness in putting up pictures.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    you should use a shorter length like 50mm or move a few steps back for more angle and more of the lily , how come you never thought of taking a pano sunrise? I think will be beautiful

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benetay View Post

Yes i've done some in Singapore normally around LCK area. The hotspot for astro-photographers is LCK lane 1A where Orion is just above the head. Gemini on the left. I went to see the Geminids the other time but didn't see any as it was really covered in clouds.

I only stack 2 x 8s picture i think for the M45. I didn't know that Company Subaru used the M45 as their logo. Something interesting that i've found out.
    Wow... Okie... Did some astro-photograph with the Meade telescope and my friend's film SLR when in JC at ECP. Haven't done any now.

Maybe can show me the ropes again when you are going to do it? Especially the stacking...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    A teaser.

Life with ancient background & some restoration done.

Maybe can show me the ropes again when you are going to do it? Especially the stacking...
    I'm not very well verse with the IRIS program it's very tidious lots of steps. I think a good place to go shoot will be endau rompin.

you should use a shorter length like 50mm or move a few steps back for more angle and more of the lily , how come you never thought of taking a pano sunrise? I think will be beautiful
    Sadly i don't have a 50mm. It's pretty constricted to take a pano sunrise i wish to have a pano too i can imagine how nice it will be. The left and right are just trees and forest area. The numbers of tripod setup there is scary too!
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    As promise for CK Yeo, more pictures.

Love the blue sky, entrance to Bayon

Thats what we all waited for, shot at 5.37am

Last burst of the sun's ray onto the padi field . I like the cute toddler on the right. Very cute. Holding onto a chick i think.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    looks like a great holiday and very greater pixs mate !

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Great pictures for your Angkot Wat travels... Very beautiful lighting...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by mervin View Post
    looks like a great holiday and very greater pixs mate !
    Thank you for your kind words i still got plentiful to learn from you guys!
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by valice View Post

Taken using my WA lens in cameroon highlands, not the best place for shooting stars! Cloud covered mountain.

shot locally. 100% zoom.
    Cheers!

Benetay