Images
    Country
    Singapore

Taiwan in 7 days

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Needed to clear annual leave so it's better to stay away from the country. Decided to visit Taiwan this round.

Here are some pictures. Pretty cooling weather and earthquake experience!

Stay tune for more of Taiwan. Need visit the Zoo tomorrow to shoot.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The first picture has a surreal feel to it. Soft and almost pastel!

So you were there during the terrible quake? Any interesting experience to share?

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Seems like foggy foggy weather over there...
    Got time to visit the local fish scene over there?? Apistogrammas?! Plecos?!

I like your borders...
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Earthquake was pretty fun as we're not very near to kaoshiong. We were at Taitung when the quake hit us. Was getting ready to go for a dip in the open air hot spring when suddenly it started swaying! it was fun thou.

When i went down to the hotel lobby some mainland China people were screaming 'ti zhen'( Earthquake in Chinese ) and was so scare. It all ended there only experience a few seconds of swaying and thats it.

Very sadly i didn't have time to visit Basil this time round, i was so close yet so far... i wasn't prepared, was sleeping on the coach. I'll visit Taipei only the next round to do some shopping and visit Taipei 101 . I was 30mins late so i didn't manage to get a ticket to go up. Also i will like to visit the ferries wheel.

Seems like foggy foggy weather over there...
    Got time to visit the local fish scene over there?? Apistogrammas?! Plecos?!

I like your borders...
    Yes it's winter time over there, everything is cool & wet. Was raining heavily when i was at Hua lien. Very sad but luckily we were eating milk steamboat and it was pretty nice. An acquired taste i must say.

The borders looks slightly different from the normal ones. I still can't think of a better border to enhance it even better.

Overall was a pretty good experience from the north to the south and up again. Temperature was a steady 10-14 Deg . short sleeves shirt and a wind breaker will do the job.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Taiwan
    Yes, it is a great country. I have lived in Hsinchu (toward s the north, 1 hour south of Taipei) for the past 6 years. The earthquale wasn't much here, scared my kids, and windows rattling, but that was about it.
    For such a small place (i'm originally from Canada) it has amazing landscape and diversity.

Thomas Campbell
    */Tank Specs*/
    50Gallon (90 X 45 X 45) Tetra Ex120, CO2 @1~2 bps, 4X30 watt @8 hrs
    29 Gallon (61X40X45cm) DIY ADA stand, Eheim 2215, Fishline 48w T5 light @8hrs
    17 Gallon Mr.Aqua (60X30X36cm) DIY ADA stand, Fishline T5 lights 48watts @7 hrs
    Tank in Progress (120X60X55cm) DIY sliding door stand, Reef style tank w/ SUMP+Eheim pump, T5- 6X54w

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    One more pic to share.

Cheers!

Benetay