Country
    England

pink tip anenome

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey guys..
    I have been told i can keep a pink tip anenome in my tank, just wanna check with you guys first...
    Lighting is Coralife 50/50, 25 watts.
    Tank is 14" deep.
    in abt 1 month will be replacing the hood with peice of glass to allow for more lighting, will get another of the same light to bring the lighting up to 50 watts.
    Fish/inverts in tank will be:
    1 dwarf fuzzy lion
    1 blue cheek goby
    5 hairy red leg hermits
    1 tube anenome

Thanks for any advice.
    James
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Lighting is Coralife 50/50, 25 watts.
    what u mean by 50/50?? in SW, we look at the intensity of the lights.. not the wattage.. to some, that is the temp of the lights or simply kelvins.. which is more impt to SW.. unlike FW..where wattage is everything.. understand?? now.. what is the lights u have and their kelvins...

Fish/inverts in tank will be:
    1 dwarf fuzzy lion
    1 blue cheek goby
    5 hairy red leg hermits
    1 tube anenome
    tube anemone... i hope it is not the aiptasia.. hahaha... i hope that if u want to have the anemone.. pls test your water parameters first.. if possible.. try not to.. coz your lionfish's "lances" might injured it...and also, the constant gravel siphoning by the goby will cause it to be stressed..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

I think 50/50 means 6500K and actinic built into a single PL bulb

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think 50/50 means 6500K and actinic built into a single PL bulb
    ----------------
    if that is so.. it is sufficient for fishes only tank.. i would recommend as least 8500K to 10'000k lights for anemones.. those 6500k are merely used for viewing purposes.. they are too yellowish in the spectrum.. will not help much in the photosynthesis of the anemone...
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Kelvin,
    Not sure about marine lighting..i know that it is 6500K though and 50% Acitinic blue and 50% normal daylight viewing.
    Please bare in mind that the tank is only 14" deep..i have been told that the depth is important in the tank too.

Kelvin - i identified that thing in my tank, it is a tube anenome, not an aiptasia!
    Is it possible for me to get one when i get the new lighting? Or would the tankmates not be suitable? Kelvin, are these gobies always digging then? if so, i dun wanna stress it...but would it stress my tube anenome as well?
    Please advise,
    James

mez 50/50 is ok to use. 6500k is ok too....but i seriously think its jus a matter of time be4 the pink tip goes,under fl.
    try going wif pcs.
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Please bare in mind that the tank is only 14" deep..i have been told that the depth is important in the tank too.
    depth is indeed important in marine.. and at 14".. it is ok.. FL can penetrate that depth.. no prob.. while i agree with spiff that 6500k is fine.. but i would not use it.. normally, i use tubes that are 8500k onwards.. that is my opinion and have worked for me.. never tried it with 6500K though..

Kelvin - i identified that thing in my tank, it is a tube anenome, not an aiptasia!
    in that case, u got yourself a bargain.. hahaha..
    Is it possible for me to get one when i get the new lighting?
    what lightings are u talking abt???
    Or would the tankmates not be suitable? Kelvin, are these gobies always digging then? if so, i dun wanna stress it...but would it stress my tube anenome as well?
    well like i mentioned.. with lionfish.. it is not advisable to have corals.. let alone anemone..and yes.. the goby's digging actions will cause some form of stress on the anemone.. and perhaps tube anemone as well.. but u need to monitor the digging.. if it is excessive.. then u might want to consider something else...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Yeah kelvin i am considering a large scooter blenny instead of the blue cheek goby. Your opinion on this?
    When i say new lighting, i mean i will be getting another tube of the same kind of which i have..exactly the same..but then will have 2 tubes instead of one..
    I hear tube anenomes will eat other fish, is this true?!
    Mez

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeah kelvin i am considering a large scooter blenny instead of the blue cheek goby. Your opinion on this?
    both is just fine.. scooter blenny will eat algae.. i can't recall leh.. hehehe..
    When i say new lighting, i mean i will be getting another tube of the same kind of which i have..exactly the same..but then will have 2 tubes instead of one..
    oic.. well.. i never tried that kinda system.. so, i can't really comment on it...sorry.. what i have is individual tubes..
    I hear tube anenomes will eat other fish, is this true?!
    YES!!!!!!

[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Kelvin! i meant i will be getting another individual tube!
    How big to tube anenomes get? i have a damsel in the tank atm and it hasnt captured that yet..it is currently abt 4" in height including tenticles...
    Will a large scooter blenny be ok with the lionfish?
    Jaes[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kelvin! i meant i will be getting another individual tube!
    i guess it should be ok...but like i mentioned.. i never tried such system b4..but it should be fine.. need to test it out..
    How big to tube anenomes get? i have a damsel in the tank atm and it hasnt captured that yet..it is currently abt 4" in height including tenticles...
    normally fishes know that it is dangerous.. and will attempt to stay clear from it.. but there are times when it will become suicidal and swim towards the tenacles..and u will end up with a dead damsel..another way of defining "damsel in distress"... hehehehe
    Will a large scooter blenny be ok with the lionfish?
    yes.. provided that it is too big for the mouth of the lionfish..

Mez, fish generally are smart enough to keep away from the tube anemone, so no worries here. The only mortality I had was this silly guppy who didn't know what a tube anemone was and went to explore it. []