Country
    Singapore

Hello from vurbul

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello everyone,

I'm vurbul. Just started planted tanks about 3 months ago after a friend gave me his 10gal cube tank. I would say for the last 3 months it has been an eventful and educational time for me. I learn more about water chemistry here than in school!!!

Anyway I learnt through the hard way. Spent a lot of time on the tanks( I have 2 now by the way), make countless trips to LFS, had money spent on unnesseccary equipment....... Well lets just say I learnt through trial and error. A bit expensive though but worth it. In fact I'm having problems right now with my inconsistent manual regulator. So making a trip soon to get a new one. Hopefully I can find something nice and small to fit my mini 1l cylinder. Wish me luck!!!!!

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi vurbul,

Welcome to Aquatic Quotient! How did you find out about our community?

Do have a look at the upbrand or the Dymax regulators. They might just fit your 1 L CO2 cylinder. From the look of things, you might also be going 'too fast, too furious'. 2 new tank setups within 3 months!

In anycase, good luck with your setup and keep us updated of the developments. Better yet, show us some pictures!

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks benny,

Found out about AQ while googling. Great forum by the way.

Well the 2nd tank was a nano 10l low tech. Low maintenance and doing quite well actually. Maybe some algae here and there but nothing to go stressed about.

Got my JBJ solenoid regulator instead of the Dymax one due to the recommendation of Nature Aquarium. I had to fix it on the cylinder with the gauge facing up but looks good though and my co2 is stable now. Currently having trouble with my glosso melting but I'll see how it goes

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You made the right choice about the regulator! Now you can grow back your hair from the hair-tearing tweaking-knob experience.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yah man! That manual knob was the worst piece of equipment I ever use in a planted tank!!