Country
    Singapore

Help!! Glosso is melting!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello all,

I've just added a 18watt PL light to my 10 gal tank which previously was on a 27watt PL 7200k. I've notice that my glosso is melting. It started on a small patch and now the melting is spreading fast. Even the tips of the narrow leaf java ferns are turning yellow.

Could it be that the new 18watt light thats causing this? I notice also that the 18 watt bulb is more whitish in colour compared to the 27 watt bulb. Could it be the difference in K rating be a factor?

My co2 is about 35ppm. Ferts are KNO3, KH2PO4 and Seachem Flourish twice a week (E.I Method) with 50% weekly water change. PLants are pearling and my japonica and mosses are looking good.

Just wondering if the melting and yellowing is due to the new bulb that i added or nutrient deficiency. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Are the yellow java fern leaves new leaves? You added more light, therefore plants will try to grow more. However they can show yellowing the new leaves if nutrients/CO2 are not correspondingly increased with the increased light.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nope. The ferns are not new leaves. In fact the yellowing is on all the leaves.

I have up my co2 injection after increasing lights and slightly increase my ferts as well. Do you think I should dose 3x a week now instead of 2x?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Have you checked if there was a temperature increase with the additional lights?

If it's all leaves then it's not an issue of nutrient deficiency.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Well temperature did increase one day to 31 when I forgot to turn on the fan. But fan now on 24/7 and temperature remain constant at 28 degrees.