Country
    Singapore

Greetings from CCK, SG!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone!!
    I'm new to this forum and my purpose is to learn from all of you out there about aquascaping. Pls do feel free to exchange pointers as i'm really keen to set up my very own planted tank.

Hope to hear from guys soon!!

God Bless!!
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Welcome to AQ, Altum_lover76. I'm sure you are going to enjoy your stay here.
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Altum_lover76,

Welcome to AQ!!!

Tell us more about yourself! I can only guess that you keep/like Altum angels and perhaps around 31 years of age?

Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy browsing around our forums and there's plenty of good advice from our members here.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Smile Thanks Benny!

Hi Benny.

Thanks for your reply.

Well, i've been keeping fish since my mid teens and my all time favourite is angel fish and discus. so when i realise the secret of aquascaping, i thought why not create something for these two super majestic fish. to cu the story short, i tried aquascaping a couple of times and was only successful once. i'm still trying in fact i'm working out something.

Hopefully in a couple of months i'll be able to upload pics of my labour of love.

Cheers!!
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Welcome Altum lover, I hope you documented the processes down in pictures, what we lack are step by step process

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Smile Re: Project Amazon

Will do Simon. THanks for your reply. Infact, i'm currently working out the details as to the no. of altum and discus that i'm going to have. as the concept is strictly Amazon, i'm also thinking whether should i add tetras and cories? "Heradache" Concurrently, I'm also looking out for acrylic tank manufacturer who can built a 4.5 ft by 2 ft by 2.5 ft high tank. Any recommendations? Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I suggest you use glass instead, especially for something that size, I believe acrylic could be thickness (correct me if I'm wrong) as for your choice of fishes, I also suggest you choose either one, discus are very timid creatures, altums are the opposite, mixed both together give rise some problems, usually the discus will be stress with altums dashing around the tank, spooking them. And also, Altums carry a certain parasite which is harmful to others, except themselves. Finally, altums are greedy buggers and discus are gentle feeders, you will crack your brains trying to accommodate both species. I used to have the same mix in my old 6ft

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi from CCK too! Why do you want an acrylic tank? It scratches easily. Those are fairly large fishes. You might want to consider getting a larger tank.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Talking Re: Project Amazon

Simon,
    Thanks for replying. Well your advice sounds good. i'll remember them when i'm stuffing the tank. Chances are that i'll choose the altums cos i find them super enchanting!!

Hi Bryan, Thanks for your input. I have consider a five feet before but cannot cos of HDB permit issue cos i stay on the 19 th floor. Don't want to be in the headline cos co fish tank come faling through the roof .

Anyway, i think i will stick to the 4 ft unless my "S4" chose to give me a bigger budget...

Cheers!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    Will do Simon. THanks for your reply. Infact, i'm currently working out the details as to the no. of altum and discus that i'm going to have. as the concept is strictly Amazon, i'm also thinking whether should i add tetras and cories? "Heradache" Concurrently, I'm also looking out for acrylic tank manufacturer who can built a 4.5 ft by 2 ft by 2.5 ft high tank. Any recommendations? Cheers!
    Can recommend tank maker if you need. I also currently in the midst of planning a 3ft amzonia tank too. Currently has 2 long nose altums in it.
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I lived on the 19th floor before with a 6ft :P, anyway, just a little warning about altums and little fishes which looks like snacks to them :P

there is a saying about altums, which is 100% true
    "If it can fit their mouth, it probably end up in there"

they attack almost anything, except for big fishes.. tetra, pencilfish, shrimps, yummy!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi WackyTPT, thanks for the reply. Sure. Looking forwards to your recommendation. i'll be very free now as I have offically leave the force after spending 12 long years with them. Now planning my secod career but have to go fo surgery first. Service injury claim. hehe

Simon, i read your intro on one of the thread last night. didn't know you went through such an ordeal. anyway, thank God that you are well now and now that we are "talking" and getting to know one another.

well, actually the size of the tank will very much depend on my "S4"'s approval. Also, i might be moving to a smaller place, amybe a 4 room in a mature estate? The tank will have wait till then around July 07..

Cheers!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Welcome. Glad to have another Altum lover joining AQ.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Are you an altum lover too? current i only got 2 long nose altum how about you?
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes. I am a Altum lover. I have 6 altums bought from SeaView in July last year. They were smaller than a 50 cents coin then. Now 6 mths later, the largest three is about 3 ins body size (not including tail), the smaller three is about 2.5 ins body size. I feed them frozen bloodworm in the morning and dry food in the afternoon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi! Thnks for all your reply. Sorry i wasn't able to post the reply fast cos i was in NUH for three days? Well yes. I'm an altum lover but till date, i can only admire them from afar... Sad

But that's going to change anyway. See Ya!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey Altumlover, maybe you can start a thread on your upcoming 'project amazon'. The guys here can input their experiences and suggestions. I think it will be more fun than the actual setting up!

Do note however the mods will frown upon mentioning of prices.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Good idea Byran.

I think i'll start the thread when i get the tank first?

Otherwise if my project failed to materalise, it'll be boo boo on me...

anyway, as posted in previous thread, the project will start after CNY 07.

Anyone keen to join in? I'll need a vehicle to go places... anyone willing to help?

cheers!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey no problem. If our schedules jive I can take you round LCK(No point going halfway across the Island when you have some of the best stuff in your backyard). We can go talk to Gan, he handles alot of Amazon stuff.

You've decided on your tank size yet?
    Last edited by bryan; 22nd Jan 2007 at 14:29.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi AL76 and bryan, I am keen to help and join in visit and discuss/share about our hobby. I lives nearby. Most time when pruning plants all ended at the rubbish bin, with more people around we can give away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast